Estimating and simulating Weibull models of risk or price durations: An application to ACD models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thavaneswaran, A. & Peiris, Shelton, 1996. "Nonparametric estimation for some nonlinear models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 227-233, July.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- Allen, David & Lazarov, Zdravetz & McAleer, Michael & Peiris, Shelton, 2009. "Comparison of alternative ACD models via density and interval forecasts: Evidence from the Australian stock market," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 79(8), pages 2535-2555.
- Robert F. Engle & Jeffrey R. Russell, 1998. "Autoregressive Conditional Duration: A New Model for Irregularly Spaced Transaction Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1127-1162, September.
- Grammig, Joachim & Wellner, Marc, 2002. "Modeling the interdependence of volatility and inter-transaction duration processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 369-400, February.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2000:i:60:p:05 is not listed on IDEAS
- Allen, David & Chan, Felix & McAleer, Michael & Peiris, Shelton, 2008. "Finite sample properties of the QMLE for the Log-ACD model: Application to Australian stocks," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 163-185, November.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Li, David X & Turtle, H J, 2000. "Semiparametric ARCH Models: An Estimating Function Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(2), pages 174-186, April.
- Bera, Anil K. & Bilias, Yannis, 2002. "The MM, ME, ML, EL, EF and GMM approaches to estimation: a synthesis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 51-86, March.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & McAleer, Michael, 2013.
"Risk management and financial derivatives: An overview,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 109-115.
- Michael McAleer & Shawkat Hammoudeh, 2012. "Risk Management and Financial Derivatives:An Overview," KIER Working Papers 816, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Shawkat Hammoudeh & Michael McAleer, 2012. "Risk Management and Financial Derivatives: An Overview," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2012-08, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Hammoudeh, S.M. & McAleer, M.J., 2012. "Risk Management and Financial Derivatives: An Overview," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2012-14, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Shawkat Hammoudeh & Michael McAleer, 2012. "Risk Management and Financial Derivatives: An Overview," Working Papers in Economics 12/10, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Pooi AH-HIN & Ng KOK-HAUR & Soo HUEI-CHING, 2016. "Modelling and Forecasting with Financial Duration Data Using Non-linear Model," ECONOMIC COMPUTATION AND ECONOMIC CYBERNETICS STUDIES AND RESEARCH, Faculty of Economic Cybernetics, Statistics and Informatics, vol. 50(2), pages 79-92.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:448-460 is not listed on IDEAS
- Allen, David & Ng, K.H. & Peiris, Shelton, 2013. "The efficient modelling of high frequency transaction data: A new application of estimating functions in financial economics," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 117-122.
More about this item
KeywordsAutoregressive conditional duration; Estimating functions; Maximum likelihood; Quasi Maximum likelihood; Weibull distribution;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecofin:v:25:y:2013:i:c:p:214-225. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620163 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.