Information measure for financial time series: Quantifying short-term market heterogeneity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Victor DeMiguel & Lorenzo Garlappi & Raman Uppal, 2009. "Optimal Versus Naive Diversification: How Inefficient is the 1-N Portfolio Strategy?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(5), pages 1915-1953, May.
- Gianni Pola, 2016. "On entropy and portfolio diversification," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 17(4), pages 218-228, July.
- Smimou, K. & Bector, C.R. & Jacoby, G., 2007. "A subjective assessment of approximate probabilities with a portfolio application," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 134-160, June.
- Bera, Anil K. & Bilias, Yannis, 2002. "The MM, ME, ML, EL, EF and GMM approaches to estimation: a synthesis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 51-86, March.
- Gunasekarage, Abeyratna & Power, David M., 2001. "The profitability of moving average trading rules in South Asian stock markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 17-33, March.
- Chandrinos, Spyros K. & Lagaros, Nikos D., 2018. "Construction of currency portfolios by means of an optimized investment strategy," Operations Research Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 5(C), pages 32-44.
- Jianshe Ou, 2005. "Theory of portfolio and risk based on incremental entropy," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(1), pages 31-39, January.
- Zhang, Wei-Guo & Liu, Yong-Jun & Xu, Wei-Jun, 2012. "A possibilistic mean-semivariance-entropy model for multi-period portfolio selection with transaction costs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(2), pages 341-349.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Jiuping Xu & Xiaoyang Zhou & Desheng Wu, 2011. "Portfolio selection using λ mean and hybrid entropy," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 185(1), pages 213-229, May.
- Golan, Amos, 2008. "Information and Entropy Econometrics — A Review and Synthesis," Foundations and Trends(R) in Econometrics, now publishers, vol. 2(1–2), pages 1-145, February.
- Anil Bera & Sung Park, 2008. "Optimal Portfolio Diversification Using the Maximum Entropy Principle," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(4-6), pages 484-512.
- Lukas Menkhoff & Mark P. Taylor, 2007.
"The Obstinate Passion of Foreign Exchange Professionals: Technical Analysis,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 45(4), pages 936-972, December.
- Menkhoff, Lukas & Taylor, Mark P., 2006. "The Obstinate Passion of Foreign Exchange Professionals: Technical Analysis," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-352, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Menkhoff, Lukas & Taylor, Mark P., 2006. "The Obstinate Passion of Foreign Exchange Professionals : Technical Analysis," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 769, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Menkhoff, Lukas & Taylor, Mark P., 2006. "The Obstinate Passion of Foreign Exchange Professionals: Technical Analysis," Economic Research Papers 269739, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Contreras, Javier & Rodríguez, Yeny E. & Sosa, Aníbal, 2017. "Construction of an efficient portfolio of power purchase decisions based on risk-diversification tradeoff," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 286-297.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Frömmel, Michael & Lampaert, Kevin, 2016. "Does frequency matter for intraday technical trading?," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 177-183.
- Bekiros, Stelios & Nguyen, Duc Khuong & Sandoval Junior, Leonidas & Uddin, Gazi Salah, 2017.
"Information diffusion, cluster formation and entropy-based network dynamics in equity and commodity markets,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 256(3), pages 945-961.
- Bekiros, Stelios & Nguyen, Duc Khuong & Sandoval Junior, Leonidas & Salah Uddin, Gazi, 2015. "Information Diffusion, Cluster formation and Entropy-based Network Dynamics in Equity and Commodity Markets," MPRA Paper 73397, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2016.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Carbone, Anna & Stanley, H. Eugene, 2007. "Scaling properties and entropy of long-range correlated time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 384(1), pages 21-24.
- Meucci, A. & Nicolosi, M., 2016. "Dynamic portfolio management with views at multiple horizons," Applied Mathematics and Computation, Elsevier, vol. 274(C), pages 495-518.
- Nikolay Gospodinov & Esfandiar Maasoumi, 2017. "General Aggregation of Misspecified Asset Pricing Models," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2017-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Smith, David M. & Wang, Na & Wang, Ying & Zychowicz, Edward J., 2016. "Sentiment and the Effectiveness of Technical Analysis: Evidence from the Hedge Fund Industry," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 51(6), pages 1991-2013, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masoud Ahmadipour & Hashim Hizam & Mohammad Lutfi Othman & Mohd Amran Mohd Radzi, 2018. "An Anti-Islanding Protection Technique Using a Wavelet Packet Transform and a Probabilistic Neural Network," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(10), pages 1-31, October.
More about this item
KeywordsEntropy; Long-range correlated time series; Market heterogeneity; Portfolio selection;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:510:y:2018:i:c:p:132-144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.