Touched by tragedy: capital market lessons from the crash of ValuJet Flight 592
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Scholes, Myron & Williams, Joseph, 1977. "Estimating betas from nonsynchronous data," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 309-327, December.
- Barrett, W Brian, et al, 1987. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to Completely Unanticipated Events," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 22(4), pages 345-354, November.
- Karels, Gordon V, 1989. "Market Forces and Aircraft Safety: An Extension," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(2), pages 345-354, April.
- Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Partch, M. Megan, 1988. "Withdrawn Security Offerings," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(02), pages 119-133, June.
- Borenstein, Severin & Zimmerman, Martin B, 1988. "Market Incentives for Safe Commercial Airline Operation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 913-935, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abbigail J. Chiodo & Massimo Guidolin & Michael T. Owyang & Makoto Shimoji, 2003. "Subjective probabilities: psychological evidence and economic applications," Working Papers 2003-009, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Pozo, Veronica F. & Schroeder, Ted C., 2016. "Evaluating the costs of meat and poultry recalls to food firms using stock returns," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 66-77.
- Carlos P. Barros & Joao R. Faria & Luis A. Gil-Alana, 2009. "Persistence on airline accidents," Faculty Working Papers 08/09, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- repec:eee:ecotra:v:10:y:2017:i:c:p:18-22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carpentier, Cécile & Suret, Jean-Marc, 2015. "Stock market and deterrence effect: A mid-run analysis of major environmental and non-environmental accidents," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 1-18.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:56:y:1997:i:3:p:351-358. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.