Modeling the changing asymmetry of conditional variances
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993.
" Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-1778, December.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991. "Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," NBER Working Papers 3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 1994. "Threshold heteroskedastic models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 931-955, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Necula Ciprian & Radu Alina-Nicoleta, 2009. "Detecting Regime Switches In The Eur/Ron Exchange Rate Volatility," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 3(1), pages 610-615, May.
- Tim Bollerslev, 2008. "Glossary to ARCH (GARCH)," CREATES Research Papers 2008-49, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Cook, Steven, 2006. "The impact of GARCH on asymmetric unit root tests," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 369(2), pages 745-752.
- Taufiq Choudhry, 2000. "Meltdown of 1987 and meteor showers among Pacific-Basin stock markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 71-80.
- Taufiq Choudhry & Hao Wu, 2008. "Forecasting ability of GARCH vs Kalman filter method: evidence from daily UK time-varying beta," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(8), pages 670-689.
- F. Fornari & A. Mele, 1998.
"ARCH Models and Option Pricing : The Continuous Time Connection,"
THEMA Working Papers
98-30, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Antonio Mele & Fabio Fornari, 1999. "ARCH Models and Option Pricing: the Continuous-Time Connection," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 113, Society for Computational Economics.
- Fornari, F. & Mele, A., 1998. "ARCH Models and Option Pricing: The Continuous Time Connection," Papers 9830, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- He, Changli & Terasvirta, Timo, 1999.
"Properties of moments of a family of GARCH processes,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 173-192, September.
- He, Changli & Teräsvirta, Timo, 1997. "Properties of Moments of a Family of GARCH Processes," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 198, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Rombouts, Jeroen & Stentoft, Lars & Violante, Franceso, 2014.
"The value of multivariate model sophistication: An application to pricing Dow Jones Industrial Average options,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 78-98.
- Jeroen V.K. Rombouts & Lars Stentoft & Francesco Violante, 2012. "The Value of Multivariate Model Sophistication: An Application to pricing Dow Jones Industrial Average options," CREATES Research Papers 2012-04, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- ROMBOUTS, Jeroen V. K. & STENTOFT, Lars & VIOLANTE, Francesco, 2012. "The value of multivariate model sophistication: an application to pricing Dow Jones Industrial Average options," CORE Discussion Papers 2012003, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jeroen Rombouts & Lars Peter Stentoft & Francesco Violente, 2012. "The Value of Multivariate Model Sophistication: An Application to pricing Dow Jones Industrial Average Options," CIRANO Working Papers 2012s-05, CIRANO.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:74:y:2018:i:c:p:351-359 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bal??zs ??gert & Yosra Koubaa, 2004. "Modelling Stock Returns in the G-7 and in Selected CEE Economies: A Non-linear GARCH Approach," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-663, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Franses,Philip Hans & Dijk,Dick van, 2000.
"Non-Linear Time Series Models in Empirical Finance,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521770415, June.
- Franses,Philip Hans & Dijk,Dick van, 2000. "Non-Linear Time Series Models in Empirical Finance," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521779654, June.
- Qingfeng Liu & Kimio Morimune, 2005. "A Modified GARCH Model with Spells of Shocks," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 12(1), pages 29-44, March.
- repec:wsi:rpbfmp:v:18:y:2015:i:03:n:s0219091515500149 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ana Filipa Carvalho & Jose Sa da Costa & Jose Assis Lopes, 2006. "A systematic modelling strategy for futures markets volatility," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(11), pages 819-833.
- LeBaron, Blake, 2003. "Non-Linear Time Series Models in Empirical Finance,: Philip Hans Franses and Dick van Dijk, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2000, 296 pp., Paperback, ISBN 0-521-77965-0, $33, [UK pound]22.95, [," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 751-752.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wesseh, Presley K., 2013. "What causes price volatility and regime shifts in the natural gas market," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 553-563.
- Andreas A. Andrikopoulos & Dimitrios C. Gkountanis, 2011. "Issues and Models in Applied Econometrics: A partial survey," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 9(2), pages 107-165.
- Medhat Hassanein & Islam Azzam, 2010. "Ex post and ex ante returns and risks under different maturities of treasury bonds: evidence from developed and emerging markets," Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 103-118.
- Degiannakis, Stavros & Xekalaki, Evdokia, 2004. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity (ARCH) Models: A Review," MPRA Paper 80487, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eskandar A. Tooma, 2003. "Modeling and Forecasting Egyptian Stock Market Volatility Before and After Price Limits," Working Papers 0310, Economic Research Forum, revised 04 Mar 2003.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:50:y:1996:i:2:p:197-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.