Drivers of greenhouse gas emissions in the Baltic States: A structural decomposition analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gavrilova, Olga & Vilu, Raivo, 2012. "Production-based and consumption-based national greenhouse gas inventories: An implication for Estonia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 161-173.
- Catriona Purfield & Christoph B. Rosenberg, 2010. "Adjustment Under a Currency Peg; Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania During the Global Financial Crisis 2008-09," IMF Working Papers 10/213, International Monetary Fund.
- Adina Criste & Iulia Lupu & Camelia Milea & Alina Georgeta Ailinca, 2011. "The Reflection of the Current Crisis on the Economic Growth in the European Union New Member States," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 2(2), pages 54-64, June.
- Saikku, Laura & Rautiainen, Aapo & Kauppi, Pekka E., 2008. "The sustainability challenge of meeting carbon dioxide targets in Europe by 2020," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 730-742, February.
- Erik Dietzenbacher & Bart Los, 1998. "Structural Decomposition Techniques: Sense and Sensitivity," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 307-324.
- Wiedmann, Thomas, 2009. "A review of recent multi-region input-output models used for consumption-based emission and resource accounting," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 211-222, December.
- Kortelainen, Mika, 2008. "Dynamic environmental performance analysis: A Malmquist index approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 701-715, February.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:457693 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roos, Inge & Soosaar, Sulev & Volkova, Anna & Streimikene, Dalia, 2012. "Greenhouse gas emission reduction perspectives in the Baltic States in frames of EU energy and climate policy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 2133-2146.
- Baležentis, Alvydas & Baležentis, Tomas & Streimikiene, Dalia, 2011. "The energy intensity in Lithuania during 1995–2009: A LMDI approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 7322-7334.
- Hoekstra, Rutger & van den Bergh, Jeroen C. J. M., 2003. "Comparing structural decomposition analysis and index," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 39-64, January.
- Verick, Sher & Islam, Iyanatul, 2010. "The Great Recession of 2008-2009: Causes, Consequences and Policy Responses," IZA Discussion Papers 4934, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Verick, Sher. & Islam, Iyanatul., 2010. "The great recession of 2008-2009 : causes, consequences and policy responses," ILO Working Papers 994576933402676, International Labour Organization.
- Zhang, Youguo, 2009. "Structural decomposition analysis of sources of decarbonizing economic development in China; 1992-2006," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(8-9), pages 2399-2405, June.
- Arnold Tukker & Erik Dietzenbacher, 2013. "Global Multiregional Input-Output Frameworks: An Introduction And Outlook," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(1), pages 1-19, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:resene:v:48:y:2017:i:c:p:30-41 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:taf:ecsysr:v:28:y:2016:i:4:p:482-496 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aes:amfeco:v:46:y:2017:i:19:p:866 is not listed on IDEAS
- Al-Mulali, Usama & Ozturk, Ilhan, 2015. "The effect of energy consumption, urbanization, trade openness, industrial output, and the political stability on the environmental degradation in the MENA (Middle East and North African) region," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 382-389.
- repec:kap:ecopln:v:51:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s10644-017-9202-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Štreimikienė, Dalia & Balezentis, Tomas, 2016. "Kaya identity for analysis of the main drivers of GHG emissions and feasibility to implement EU “20–20–20” targets in the Baltic States," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1108-1113.
- Cansino, José M. & Román, Rocío & Ordóñez, Manuel, 2016. "Main drivers of changes in CO2 emissions in the Spanish economy: A structural decomposition analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 150-159.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:109:y:2017:i:c:p:734-746 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:142:y:2017:i:c:p:163-176 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liobikienė, Genovaitė & Butkus, Mindaugas, 2017. "The European Union possibilities to achieve targets of Europe 2020 and Paris agreement climate policy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 298-309.
- Brizga, Janis & Feng, Kuishuang & Hubacek, Klaus, 2017. "Household carbon footprints in the Baltic States: A global multi-regional input–output analysis from 1995 to 2011," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 780-788.
- Li, Tianxiang & Baležentis, Tomas & Makutėnienė, Daiva & Streimikiene, Dalia & Kriščiukaitienė, Irena, 2016. "Energy-related CO2 emission in European Union agriculture: Driving forces and possibilities for reduction," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 682-694.
- Liobikienė, Genovaitė & Butkus, Mindaugas & Bernatonienė, Jurga, 2016. "Drivers of greenhouse gas emissions in the Baltic states: decomposition analysis related to the implementation of Europe 2020 strategy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 309-317.
- Su, Meirong & Pauleit, Stephan & Yin, Xuemei & Zheng, Ying & Chen, Shaoqing & Xu, Chao, 2016. "Greenhouse gas emission accounting for EU member states from 1991 to 2012," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 759-768.
- Olga Gavrilova & Raivo Vilu, 2015. "Estonia's Energy-related Greenhouse Gas Emissions in 1995-2011: A Structural Decomposition Analysis," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 5, pages 67-84, February.
- Anne Owen & Kjartan Steen-Olsen & John Barrett & Thomas Wiedmann & Manfred Lenzen, 2014. "A Structural Decomposition Approach To Comparing Mrio Databases," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(3), pages 262-283, September.
- Yu, Yadong & Ren, Hongtao & Kharrazi, Ali & Ma, Tieju & Zhu, Bing, 2015. "Exploring socioeconomic drivers of environmental pressure on the city level: The case study of Chongqing in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 123-131.
More about this item
KeywordsCO2 emission intensity; Input–output analysis; Structural decomposition analysis; Climate change; The Baltic States;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:98:y:2014:i:c:p:22-28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.