Using ecological indices to measure economic and environmental performance of irrigated agriculture
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zaim, Osman, 2004. "Measuring environmental performance of state manufacturing through changes in pollution intensities: a DEA framework," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-47, January.
- Heaney, Anna & Beare, Stephen & Bell, Rosalyn, 2001. "Evaluating improvements in irrigation efficiency as a salinity mitigation option in the South Australian Riverland," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 0(Issue 3), pages 1-17.
- Thomas Spencer & Tihomir Ancev & Jeff Connor, 2009. "Improving Cost Effectiveness of Irrigation Zoning for Salinity Mitigation by Introducing Offsets," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 23(10), pages 2085-2100, August.
- Fare, R. & Grosskopf, S. & Hernandez-Sancho, F., 2004. "Environmental performance: an index number approach," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 343-352, December.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:17:y:2006:i:1:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Quiggin, John C., 2001. "Environmental economics and the Murray-Darling river system," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 0(Issue 1), pages 1-28.
- Osman Zaim & Fatma Taskin, 2000. "A Kuznets Curve in Environmental Efficiency: An Application on OECD Countries," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 17(1), pages 21-36, September.
- M. D. Young & J. C. McColl, 2003. "Robust Reform: The Case for a New Water Entitlement System for Australia," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 36(2), pages 225-234.
- Fare, Rolf, et al, 1989. "Multilateral Productivity Comparisons When Some Outputs Are Undesirable: A Nonparametric Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 90-98, February.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Figge, Frank & Hahn, Tobias, 2009. "Not measuring sustainable value at all: A response to Kuosmanen and Kuosmanen," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 244-249, December.
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Kuosmanen, Natalia, 2009. "How not to measure sustainable value (and how one might)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 235-243, December.
- Bellenger, Moriah J. & Herlihy, Alan T., 2009. "An economic approach to environmental indices," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(8-9), pages 2216-2223, June.
- Fare, Rolf, et al, 1993. "Derivation of Shadow Prices for Undesirable Outputs: A Distance Function Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 374-380, May.
- Van Passel, Steven & Nevens, Frank & Mathijs, Erik & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2007. "Measuring farm sustainability and explaining differences in sustainable efficiency," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 149-161, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki & Yuan, Yan & Goto, Mika, 2017. "A literature study for DEA applied to energy and environment," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 104-124.
- H. K. Millington & J. E. Lovell & C. A. K. Lovell, 2013. "Using Fieldwork, GIS and DEA to Guide Management of Urban Stream Health," CEPA Working Papers Series WP072013, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Millington, H.K. & Lovell, J.E. & Lovell, C.A.K., 2015. "A framework for guiding the management of urban stream health," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 222-233.
- Meagan Krupa & Branka Valcic, 2011. "Sustainable fisheries: how externalities impact urban fishery management," Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, Springer;Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 1(3), pages 159-168, September.
- M. A. Samad Azad & Tihomir Ancev, 2016. "Economics of Salinity Effects from Irrigated Cotton: An Efficiency Analysis," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 2(01), pages 1-24, March.
- Vlontzos, George & Niavis, Spyros & Manos, Basil, 2014. "A DEA approach for estimating the agricultural energy and environmental efficiency of EU countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 91-96.
- Hansen, Zeynep K. & Lowe, Scott E. & Xu, Wenchao, 2014. "Long-term impacts of major water storage facilities on agriculture and the natural environment: Evidence from Idaho (U.S.)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 106-118.
- Dai, Feng & Li, Pengpeng & Liang, Ling, 2016. "Long-term economic growth under environmental pressure: An optimal path," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 15-24.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:264:y:2018:i:1:p:1-16 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ancev, Tiho & Azad, Samad Md., 2015. "Environmentally Adjusted Productivity and Efficiency Measurement: A New Direction for the Luenberger Productivity Indicator," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 204912, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsDistance functions Environmental performance index Irrigation Ramsar;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:69:y:2010:i:8:p:1731-1739. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.