Intergenerational conflict and public education expenditure when there is co-residence between the elderly and young
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ana Amélia Camarano & Maria Tereza Pasinato, 2007. "Envelhecimento, Pobreza e Proteção Social na América Latina," Discussion Papers 1292, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Rumberger, Russell W., 2010. "Education and the reproduction of economic inequality in the United States: An empirical investigation," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 246-254, April.
- Sen, Anindya & Clemente, Anthony, 2010. "Intergenerational correlations in educational attainment: Birth order and family size effects using Canadian data," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 147-155, February.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C & Rubinfeld, Daniel L & Shapiro, Perry, 1982. "Micro-Based Estimates of Demand Functions for Local School Expenditures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1183-1205, September.
- Ladd, Helen F. & Murray, Sheila E., 2001. "Intergenerational conflict reconsidered: county demographic structure and the demand for public education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 343-357, August.
- Brunner, Eric & Balsdon, Ed, 2004.
"Intergenerational conflict and the political economy of school spending,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 369-388, September.
- Ed Baldson & Eric Brunner, 2003. "Intergenerational Conflict and the Political Economy of School Spending," Working papers 2003-24, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Daouli, Joan & Demoussis, Michael & Giannakopoulos, Nicholas, 2010. "Mothers, fathers and daughters: Intergenerational transmission of education in Greece," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 83-93, February.
- Lars-Erik Borge & Jørn Rattsø, 2007.
"Young and old competing for public welfare services,"
Working Paper Series
8607, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Lars-Erik Borge & JÃ¸rn RattsÃ¸, 2008. "Young and Old Competing for Public Welfare Services," CESifo Working Paper Series 2223, CESifo Group Munich.
- James M. Poterba, 1997.
"Demographic structure and the political economy of public education,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 48-66.
- James M. Poterba, 1996. "Demographic Structure and the Political Economy of Public Education," NBER Working Papers 5677, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Poterba, James M, 1998. "Demographic Change, Intergenerational Linkages, and Public Education," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 315-320, May.
- Harris, Amy Rehder & Evans, William N. & Schwab, Robert M., 2001. "Education spending in an aging America," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 449-472, September.
- John Logan & Glenna Spitze, 1995. "Self-interest and altruism in intergenerational relations," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 32(3), pages 353-364, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:juecon:v:99:y:2017:i:c:p:15-30 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tim Krieger & Jens Ruhose, 2013.
"Honey, I shrunk the kids’ benefits—revisiting intergenerational conflict in OECD countries,"
Springer, vol. 157(1), pages 115-143, October.
- Tim Krieger & Jens Ruhose, 2011. "“Honey, I shrunk the kids’ benefits!” — Revisiting intergenerational conflict in OECD countries," Working Papers CIE 46, Paderborn University, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Terra, Rafael & Mattos, Enlinson, 2017.
"Accountability and yardstick competition in the public provision of education,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 15-30.
- Terra, Rafael & Mattos, Enlinson, 2015. "Accountability and yardstick competition in the public provision of education," Textos para discussão 387, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Arvate, Paulo Roberto, 2013. "Electoral Competition and Local Government Responsiveness in Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 67-83.
More about this item
KeywordsEducation expenditures Population aging Co-residence Intergenerational conflict;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:29:y:2010:i:6:p:1165-1175. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.