Modelling the effect of the geographical environment on Islamic banking performance: A panel quantile regression analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Koenker, Roger & Xiao, Zhijie, 2006. "Quantile Autoregression," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 980-990, September.
- Gheeraert, Laurent & Weill, Laurent, 2015.
"Does Islamic banking development favor macroeconomic efficiency? Evidence on the Islamic finance-growth nexus,"
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 32-39.
- Laurent Gheeraer & Laurent Weill, 2013. "Does Islamic Banking Development Favor Macroeconomic Efficiency? Evidence on The Islamic Finance – Growth Nexus," Working Papers 764, Economic Research Forum, revised Sep 2013.
- Laurent Gheeraert & Laurent Weill, 2014. "Does Islamic Banking Development Favour Macroeconomic Efficiency? Evidence on the Islamic Finance – Growth Nexus," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2014-04, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- M. E. Arouri & H. Ben Ameur & N. Jawadi & F. Jawadi & W. Louhichi, 2013.
"Are Islamic finance innovations enough for investors to escape from a financial downturn? Further evidence from portfolio simulations,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(24), pages 3412-3420, August.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Hachmi Ben Ameur & Nabila Jawadi & Fredj Jawadi & Waël Louhichi, 2013. "Are Islamic finance innovations enough for investors to escape from a financial downturn? Further evidence from portfolio simulations," Post-Print halshs-00875595, HAL.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Hachmi Ben Ameur & Fredj Jawadi & Nabila Jawadi & Wael Louhichi, 2013. "Are Islamic finance innovations enough for investors to escape from a financial downturn? Further evidence from portfolio simulations," Post-Print hal-01410571, HAL.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Fredj Jawadi & Abdoulkarim Idi Cheffou & Nabila Jawadi, 2016. "Can the Islamic bank be an emerging leader? A panel data causality analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(14), pages 991-994, September.
- Kangni Kpodar & Patrick Imam, 2010. "Islamic Banking: How Has it Diffused?," Post-Print halshs-00669673, HAL.
- Fredj Jawadi & Abdoulkarim Idi Cheffou & Nabila Jawadi, 2016. "Do Islamic and Conventional Banks Really Differ? A Panel Data Statistical Analysis," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 293-302, April.
- Fakhfekh, Mohamed & Hachicha, Nejib & Jawadi, Fredj & Selmi, Nadhem & Idi Cheffou, Abdoulkarim, 2016. "Measuring volatility persistence for conventional and Islamic banks: An FI-EGARCH approach," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 84-99.
- Ivan A. Canay, 2011. "A simple approach to quantile regression for panel data," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 14(3), pages 368-386, October.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, June.
- Fredj Jawadi & Nabila Jawadi & Hachmi Ben Ameur & Abdoulkarim Idi Cheffou, 2017. "Does Islamic banking performance vary across regions? A new puzzle," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(8), pages 567-570, May.
- Fredj Jawadi & Ricardo M. Sousa, 2014. "The Relationship between Consumption and Wealth: A Quantile Regression Approach," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 124(4), pages 639-652.
- Patrick A. Imam & Kangni R Kpodar, 2010. "Islamic Banking; How Has it Diffused?," IMF Working Papers 10/195, International Monetary Fund.
- Kee H. Chung & Stephen W. Pruitt, 1994. "A Simple Approximation of Tobin's q," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 23(3), Fall.
- Hayashi, Fumio, 1982.
"Tobin's Marginal q and Average q: A Neoclassical Interpretation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 213-224, January.
- Fumio Hayashi, 1981. "Tobin's Marginal q and Average a : A Neoclassical Interpretation," Discussion Papers 457, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Lindenberg, Eric B & Ross, Stephen A, 1981. "Tobin's q Ratio and Industrial Organization," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Skinner, Douglas J., 1993. "The investment opportunity set and accounting procedure choice : Preliminary evidence," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 407-445, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Serhat Yuksel & Hasan Dincer & Senol Emir, 2017. "Comparing the performance of Turkish deposit banks by using DEMATEL, Grey Relational Analysis (GRA) and MOORA approaches," World Journal of Applied Economics, WERI-World Economic Research Institute, vol. 3(2), pages 26-47, December.
- Bitar, Mohammad & Kabir Hassan, M. & Hippler, William J., 2018. "The determinants of Islamic bank capital decisions," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 48-68.
- Alexakis, Christos & Izzeldin, Marwan & Johnes, Jill & Pappas, Vasileios, 2019.
"Performance and productivity in Islamic and conventional banks: Evidence from the global financial crisis,"
Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 1-14.
- Christos Alexakis & Marwan Izzeldin & Jill Johnes & Vasileios Pappas, 2019. "Performance and productivity in Islamic and conventional banks: Evidence from the global financial crisis," Post-Print hal-02143291, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic banking; Geographical environment; Panel data; Quantile regression; Nonlinearity;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:300-306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.