External balance, dynamic efficiency, and the welfare effects of unilateral and multilateral permit policies in interdependent economies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alfred Endres, 2008. "Ein Unmöglichkeitstheorem für die Klimapolitik?," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9(3), pages 350-382, August.
- Tetsuo Ono, 2002.
"The Effects of Emission Permits on Growth and the Environment,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 21(1), pages 75-87, January.
- Ono, Tetsuo, 2001. "The Effects of Emission Permits on Growth and the Environment," Discussion Paper 33, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Bréchet, Thierry & Lambrecht, Stéphane & Prieur, Fabien, 2009.
"Intertemporal transfers of emission quotas in climate policies,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 126-134, January.
- BRECHET, Thierry & LAMBRECHT, Stéphane & PRIEUR, Fabien, 2009. "Intertemporal transfers of emission quotas in climate policies," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2126, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jouvet, Pierre-Andre & Michel, Philippe & Rotillon, Gilles, 2005.
"Optimal growth with pollution: how to use pollution permits?,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1597-1609, September.
- Pierre-André Jouvet & Philippe Michel & Gilles Rotillon, 2004. "Optimal growth with pollution : how to use pollution permits ?," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques v04012, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Frenkel, Jacob A & Razin, Assaf, 1986.
"The International Transmission and Effects of Fiscal Policies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 330-335, May.
- Jacob A. Frenkel & Assaf Razin, 1986. "The International Transmission and Effects of Fiscal Policies," NBER Working Papers 1799, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Persson, Torsten, 1985.
"Deficits and intergenerational welfare in open economies,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 67-84, August.
- Torsten Persson, 1983. "Deficits and Intergenerational Welfare in Open Economies," NBER Working Papers 1083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Copeland, Brian R. & Taylor, M. Scott, 2005.
"Free trade and global warming: a trade theory view of the Kyoto protocol,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 205-234, March.
- Brian R. Copeland & M. Scott Taylor, 2000. "Free Trade and Global Warming: A Trade Theory View of the Kyoto Protocol," NBER Working Papers 7657, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Copeland,B.R. & Taylor,M.S., 2000. "Free trade and global warming : a trade theory view of the Kyoto protocol," Working papers 4, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Ghosh, Atish R., 1992. "Fiscal policy, the terms of trade, and the external balance," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 105-125, August.
- Jouvet, Pierre-André & Michel, Philippe & Rotillon, Gilles, 2005. "Equilibrium with a market of permits," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 148-163, June.
- Bohringer, Christoph & Vogt, Carsten, 2004. "The dismantling of a breakthrough: the Kyoto Protocol as symbolic policy," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 597-617, September.
- Birgit Bednar-Friedl & Karl Farmer & Andreas Rainer, 2010.
"Effects of Unilateral Climate Policy on Terms of Trade, Capital Accumulation, and Welfare in a World Economy,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 47(4), pages 495-520, December.
- Karl Farmer & Birgit Bednar-Friedl & Andreas Rainer, 2008. "Effects of Unilateral Climate Policy on Terms of Trade, Capital Accumulation, and Welfare in a World Economy," CESifo Working Paper Series 2375, CESifo Group Munich.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1989.
"Fiscal deficits and relative prices in a growing world economy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 461-484, May.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1988. "Fiscal Deficits and Relative Prices in a Growing World Economy," NBER Working Papers 2725, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521322249, May.
- Zee, Howell H, 1987. "Government Debt, Capital Accumulation, and the Terms of Trade in a Model of Interdependent Economies," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(4), pages 599-618, October.
- Lipton, David & Sachs, Jeffrey, 1983. "Accumulation and growth in a two-country model : A simulation approach," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 135-159, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Birgit Bednar-Friedl, 2012. "Climate policy targets in emerging and industrialized economies: the influence of technological differences, environmental preferences and propensity to save," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 191-215, May.
More about this item
KeywordsEmission permits Trade Overlapping generations Welfare;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:27:y:2010:i:5:p:980-990. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.