The demand for a malaria vaccine: evidence from Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- W. Kip Viscusi & William N. Evans, 1998. "Estimation Of Revealed Probabilities And Utility Functions For Product Safety Decisions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(1), pages 28-33, February.
- Lampietti, Julian, 1999. "Do husbands and wives make the same choices? Evidence from Northern Ethiopia," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 253-260, February.
- Michael Kremer, 2001.
"Creating Markets for New Vaccines - Part II: Design Issues,"
NBER Chapters,in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 1, pages 73-118
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Kremer, 2000. "Creating Markets for New Vaccines Part II: Design Issues," NBER Working Papers 7717, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberini, Anna & Cropper, Maureen & Fu, Tsu-Tan & Krupnick, Alan & Liu, Jin-Tan & Shaw, Daigee & Harrington, Winston, 1997. "Valuing Health Effects of Air Pollution in Developing Countries: The Case of Taiwan," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 107-126, October.
- Harrington, Winston & Portney, Paul R., 1987. "Valuing the benefits of health and safety regulation," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 101-112, July.
- Smith, V Kerry & Desvousges, William H, 1987. "An Empirical Analysis of the Economic Value of Risk Changes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(1), pages 89-114, February.
- Viscusi, W Kip & Evans, William N, 1990. "Utility Functions That Depend on Health Status: Estimates and Economic Implications," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 353-374, June.
- Cropper, Mauren L. & Haile, Mitiku & Lampieti, Julian A. & Poulos, Christine & Whittington, Dale, 2000. "The value of preventing malaria in Tembien, Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2273, The World Bank.
- Loehman, Edna & De, Vo Hu, 1982. "Application of Stochastic Choice Modeling to Policy Analysis of Public Goods: A Case Study of Air Quality Improvements," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(3), pages 474-480, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Y Mehmet Kutluay & Richard S. J. Tol, 2015. "Valuing malaria morbidity: Results from a global metaanalysis," Working Paper Series 7615, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Prabhu, Vimalanand S., 2010. "Tests of Intrahousehold Resource Allocation Using a CV Framework: A Comparison of Husbands' and Wives' Separate and Joint WTP in the Slums of Navi-Mumbai, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 606-619, April.
- World Bank, 2005. "Ethiopia : Well-Being and Poverty in Ethiopia, The Role of Agriculture and Agency," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8707, The World Bank.
- Carol Vargas & Ramón Rosales, 2006. "Valoración Económica De La Prevención Pública De La Malaria En Los Hogares Del Caquetá," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 003749, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Islam, Ziaul & Maskery, Brian & Nyamete, Andrew & Horowitz, Mark S. & Yunus, Mohammad & Whittington, Dale, 2008. "Private demand for cholera vaccines in rural Matlab, Bangladesh," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 184-195, February.
- Marette, Stéphan & Roe, Brian E. & Teisl, Mario, 2012. "The welfare impact of food pathogen vaccines," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 86-93.
- Dambala Gelo & Steven F. Koch, 2011.
"Contingent Valuation of Community Forestry Programs in Ethiopia: Observing Preference Anomalies in Double-Bounded CVM,"
201124, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Dambala Gelo & Steven F Koch, 2012. "Contingent Valuation of Community Forestry Programs in Ethiopia: Observing Preference Anomalies in Double-Bounded CVM," Working Papers 272, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Veronesi, Marcella & Reutemann, Tim & Zabel, Astrid & Engel, Stefanie, 2015.
"Designing REDD+ schemes when forest users are not forest landowners: Evidence from a survey-based experiment in Kenya,"
Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 46-57.
- Veronesi, Marcella & Schlondorn, Tim & Zabel, Astrid & Engel, Stefanie, 2012. "Designing REDD+ Schemes to Address Permanence Concerns: Empirical Evidence from Kenya," Congress Papers 124131, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Marcella Veronesi & Tim Schloendorn & Astrid Zabel & Stefanie Engel, 2012. "Designing Redd+ Schemes When Forest Users Are Not Forest Landowners: Evidence From A Survey-Based Experiment In Kenya," Working Papers 15/2012, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Andrew Dillon & Jed Friedman & Pieter Serneels, 2014.
"Health information, treatment, and worker productivity: Experimental evidence from malaria testing and treatment among Nigerian sugarcane cutters,"
Working Paper series, University of East Anglia, Centre for Behavioural and Experimental Social Science (CBESS)
14-05, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Dillon, Andrew & Friedman, Jed & Serneels, Pieter, 2014. "Health Information, Treatment, and Worker Productivity: Experimental Evidence from Malaria Testing and Treatment among Nigerian Sugarcane Cutters," IZA Discussion Papers 8074, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andrew Dillon & Jed Friedman & Pieter Serneels, 2014. "Health information, treatment, and worker productivity: Experimental evidence from malaria testing and treatment among Nigerian sugarcane cutters," CSAE Working Paper Series 2014-13, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Dillon, Andrew & Friedman, Jed & Serneels, Pieter, 2014. "Health information, treatment, and worker productivity : experimental evidence from malaria testing and treatment among Nigerian sugarcane cutters," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7120, The World Bank.
- Jacopo Bonan & Philippe LeMay-Boucher & Michel Tenikue, 2014.
"Households' Willingness to Pay for Health Microinsurance and its Impact on Actual Take-up: Results from a Field Experiment in Senegal,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(10), pages 1445-1462, November.
- BONAN Jacopo & LEMAY-BOUCHER Philippe & TENIKUE Michel, 2013. "Household's willingness to pay for health microinsurance and its impact on actual take-up: results from a field experiment in Senegal," LISER Working Paper Series 2013-15, LISER.
- Whittington, Dale & Sur, Dipika & Cook, Joseph & Chatterjee, Susmita & Maskery, Brian & Lahiri, Malay & Poulos, Christine & Boral, Srabani & Nyamete, Andrew & Deen, Jacqueline & Ochiai, Leon & Bhattac, 2009. "Rethinking Cholera and Typhoid Vaccination Policies for the Poor: Private Demand in Kolkata, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 399-409, February.
- Hoffmann, Vivian, 2008. "Psychology, Gender, and the Intrahousehold Allocation of Free and Purchased Mosquito Nets," Working Papers 55282, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Gelo, Dambala & Koch, Steven F., 2015. "Contingent valuation of community forestry programs in Ethiopia: Controlling for preference anomalies in double-bounded CVM," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 79-89.
- Gingrich, Chris D. & Hanson, Kara & Marchant, Tanya & Mulligan, Jo-Ann & Mponda, Hadji, 2011. "Price subsidies and the market for mosquito nets in developing countries: A study of Tanzania's discount voucher scheme," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 160-168, July.
- Hoffmann, Vivian & Barrett, Christopher B. & Just, David R., 2009. "Do Free Goods Stick to Poor Households? Experimental Evidence on Insecticide Treated Bednets," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 607-617, March.
- Akogun, Oladele & Dillon, Andrew & Friedman, Jed & Prasann, Ashesh & Serneels, Pieter, 2017.
"Productivity and Health: Alternative Productivity Estimates Using Physical Activity,"
IZA Discussion Papers
11115, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Akogun,Oladele B & Dillon,Andrew S. & Friedman,Jed & Prasann,Ashesh & Serneels,Pieter Maria, 2017. "Productivity and health : alternative productivity estimates using physical activity," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8228, The World Bank.
- Rosalina Palanca Tan, 2008. "Value of Statistical Life Estimates for Children in Metro Manila, Inferred from Parents’ Willingness to Pay for Dengue Vaccines," EEPSEA Research Report rr2008081, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Aug 2008.
- Jeuland, Marc & Lucas, Marcelino & Clemens, John & Whittington, Dale, 2010. "Estimating the private benefits of vaccination against cholera in Beira, Mozambique: A travel cost approach," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 310-322, March.
- Donald T. Lauria & Brian Maskery & Christine Poulos & Dale Whittington, 2008. "An Optimisation Model for Use of the Vi Polysaccharide Vaccine to Prevent Typhoid in Developing Countries," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 1808, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Raut, Nirmal Kumar & Shrestha, Devendra Prasad, 2011. "Why Low Adult Immunization? An inquiry into the case of Hepatitis B Vaccine in the Peri-Urban Areas of Kathmandu Valley," MPRA Paper 61711, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2015.
- Adams, Katherine P. & Vosti, Stephen A. & Lybbert, Travis J. & Ayifah, Emmanuel, 2011. "Integrating Economic Analysis with a Randomized Controlled Trial: Willingness-to-Pay for a New Maternal Nutrient Supplement," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103793, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:75:y:2004:i:1:p:303-318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.