Embeddedness, cooperation and popular-economy firms in the informal sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Nyssens, Marthe & Van der Linden, Bruno, 1998. "Embeddedness, cooperation and popular-economy firms in the informal sector," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1998025, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 00 Oct 1998.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jones, Stephen R. G., 1987. "Union membership and employment dynamics," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 197-200.
- Simon, Herbert A, 1993. "Altruism and Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 156-161, May.
- Kidd, David P & Oswald, Andrew J, 1987. "A Dynamic Model of Trade Union Behaviour," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(215), pages 355-365, August.
- Estrin, Saul & Jones, Derek C. & Svejnar, Jan, 1987. "The productivity effects of worker participation: Producer cooperatives in western economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 40-61, March.
- Ben Rogaly, 1997. "Embedded markets: Hired labour arrangements in west Bengal agriculture," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2), pages 209-223.
- Huizinga, F & Schiantarelli, Fabio, 1992.
"Dynamics and Asymmetric Adjustment in Insider-Outsider Models,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(415), pages 1451-1466, November.
- Huizinga, F. & Schiantarelli, F., 1992. "Dynamics and Asymetric Adjustment in Insider-Outsider Models," Working Papers 92-12, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Georges Christophre, 1994. "A Dynamic Macroeconomic Model of the Labor-Managed Economy," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 46-63, February.
- Lindbeck, Assar & Snower, Dennis J, 1988.
"Cooperation, Harassment, and Involuntary Unemployment: An Insider-Outsider Approach,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 167-188, March.
- Lindbeck, Assar & Snower, Dennis J., 1987. "Cooperation, Harassment, and Involuntary Unemployment: An Insider-Outsider Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 196, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1985. "Implicit Contracts: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(3), pages 1144-1175, September.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Stanley Fischer, 1989. "Lectures on Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262022834, January.
- Elster, Jon, 1989. "Social Norms and Economic Theory," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 99-117, Fall.
- Spinnewyn, Frans & Svejnar, Jan, 1990.
"Optimal Membership, Employment, and Income Distribution in Unionized and Labor-Managed Firms,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(3), pages 317-340, July.
- SPINNEWYN, Frans & SVEJNAR, Jan, 1990. "Optimal membership, employment, and income distribution in unionized and labor-managed firms," CORE Discussion Papers RP 929, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fehr, Ernst & Kirchsteiger, Georg, 1994. "Insider Power, Wage Discrimination and Fairness," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 571-583, May.
- Philippe Hugon, 1996. "Incertitude, précarité et financement local : le cas des économies africaines," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 37(145), pages 13-40.
- Bonin, John P, 1984. "Membership and Employment in an Egalitarian Cooperative," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 51(23), pages 295-305, August.
- Kahana, Nava & Nitzan, Shmuel, 1989. "More on alternative objectives of labor-managed firms," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 527-538, December.
- Carruth, Alan A & Oswald, Andrew J, 1987. "On Union Preferences and Labour Market Models: Insiders and Outsi ders," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(386), pages 431-445, June.
- Steinherr, A. & Thisse, J. -F., 1979. "Are labor-managers really perverse?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 137-142.
- Brewer, Anthony A & Browning, Martin J, 1982. "On the 'Employment' Decision of a Labour-Managed Firm," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(194), pages 141-146, May.
- Caputo, Michael R., 1992. "Comparative dynamics in the labor-managed model of the firm," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 272-286, June.
- McDonald, Ian M & Solow, Robert M, 1981. "Wage Bargaining and Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 896-908, December.
- Kahana, Nava & Nitzan, Shmuel, 1993. "The Theory of the Labour-Managed Firm Revisited: The Voluntary Interactive Approach," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(419), pages 937-945, July.
- Jones, Stephen R G & McKenna, C J, 1994. "A Dynamic Model of Union Membership and Employment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 61(242), pages 179-189, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bauwens, Thomas & Lemaître, Andreia, 2014. "Popular Economy in Santiago de Chile: State of Affairs and Challenges," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 65-78.
- Alper Duman, 2009. "Comparative Analysis of Organizational Forms in the Software Industry and Legal Services," Working Papers 0903, Izmir University of Economics.
More about this item
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- P13 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Cooperative Enterprises
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:61:y:2000:i:1:p:175-204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.