Conjugate priors and variable selection for Bayesian quantile regression
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Komunjer, Ivana, 2005.
"Quasi-maximum likelihood estimation for conditional quantiles,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 137-164, September.
- Komunjer, Ivana, 2002. "Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimation for Conditional Quantiles," Working Papers 1139, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- D. F. Benoit & D. Van Den Poel, 2010. "Binary quantile regression: A Bayesian approach based on the asymmetric Laplace density," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 10/662, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Richard H. Gerlach & Cathy W. S. Chen & Nancy Y. C. Chan, 2011.
"Bayesian Time-Varying Quantile Forecasting for Value-at-Risk in Financial Markets,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 481-492.
- Gerlach, Richard H. & Chen, Cathy W. S. & Chan, Nancy Y. C., 2011. "Bayesian Time-Varying Quantile Forecasting for Value-at-Risk in Financial Markets," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 29(4), pages 481-492.
- Chan, Nancy Y. C. & Chen, Cathy W.S. & Gerlach, Richard, 2009. "Bayesian time-varying quantile forecasting for Value-at-Risk in financial markets," Working Papers 9 OMEWP, University of Sydney Business School, Discipline of Business Analytics.
- Hanson T. & Johnson W.O., 2002. "Modeling Regression Error With a Mixture of Polya Trees," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 1020-1033, December.
- Chernozhukov, Victor & Hong, Han, 2003. "An MCMC approach to classical estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 293-346, August.
- Smith, Michael & Kohn, Robert, 1996.
"Nonparametric regression using Bayesian variable selection,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 317-343, December.
- Smith, M. & Kohn, R., "undated". "Nonparametric Regression using Bayesian Variable Selection," Statistics Working Paper _009, Australian Graduate School of Management.
- Susanne M. Schennach, 2005. "Bayesian exponentially tilted empirical likelihood," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 92(1), pages 31-46, March.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, December.
- Tony Lancaster & Sung Jae Jun, 2010. "Bayesian quantile regression methods," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 287-307.
- Athanasios Kottas & Milovan Krnjajic, 2009. "Bayesian Semiparametric Modelling in Quantile Regression," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 36(2), pages 297-319.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2001. "Non-Gaussian Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based models and some of their uses in financial economics," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 167-241.
- Rand Wilcox, 1994. "The percentage bend correlation coefficient," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 601-616, December.
- Yuan, Ming & Lin, Yi, 2005. "Efficient Empirical Bayes Variable Selection and Estimation in Linear Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 1215-1225, December.
- Yu, Keming & Moyeed, Rana A., 2001. "Bayesian quantile regression," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 437-447, October.
- Yu, Keming & Stander, Julian, 2007. "Bayesian analysis of a Tobit quantile regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 260-276, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yves S. Schüler, 2014. "Asymmetric Effects of Uncertainty over the Business Cycle: A Quantile Structural Vector Autoregressive Approach," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2014-02, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Alhamzawi, Rahim, 2016. "Bayesian model selection in ordinal quantile regression," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 68-78.
- Hussein Hashem & Veronica Vinciotti & Rahim Alhamzawi & Keming Yu, 2016. "Quantile regression with group lasso for classification," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer;German Classification Society - Gesellschaft für Klassifikation (GfKl);Japanese Classification Society (JCS);Classification and Data Analysis Group of the Italian Statistical Society (CLADAG);International Federation of Classification Societies (IFCS), vol. 10(3), pages 375-390, September.
- Dries Benoit & Rahim Alhamzawi & Keming Yu, 2013. "Bayesian lasso binary quantile regression," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 28(6), pages 2861-2873, December.
- Sriram, Karthik, 2015. "A sandwich likelihood correction for Bayesian quantile regression based on the misspecified asymmetric Laplace density," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 18-26.
More about this item
KeywordsAsymmetric Laplace distribution; g-prior; Gibbs sampler; Model selection; Quantile regression;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:64:y:2013:i:c:p:209-219. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.