Bayesian Time-Varying Quantile Forecasting for Value-at-Risk in Financial Markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Gerlach, Richard H. & Chen, Cathy W. S. & Chan, Nancy Y. C., 2011. "Bayesian Time-Varying Quantile Forecasting for Value-at-Risk in Financial Markets," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 29(4), pages 481-492.
- Chan, Nancy Y. C. & Chen, Cathy W.S. & Gerlach, Richard, 2009. "Bayesian time-varying quantile forecasting for Value-at-Risk in financial markets," Working Papers 9 OMEWP, University of Sydney Business School, Discipline of Business Analytics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xiaochun Liu, 2016. "Markov switching quantile autoregression," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 70(4), pages 356-395, November.
- repec:bpj:sndecm:v:22:y:2018:i:2:p:0:n:4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hagfors, Lars Ivar & Bunn, Derek & Kristoffersen, Eline & Staver, Tiril Toftdahl & Westgaard, Sjur, 2016. "Modeling the UK electricity price distributions using quantile regression," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 231-243.
- Korobilis, Dimitris, 2015.
"Quantile forecasts of inflation under model uncertainty,"
64341, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Korobilis, Dimitris, 2015. "Quantile forecasts of inflation under model uncertainty," SIRE Discussion Papers 2015-72, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Dimitris Korobilis., 2015. "Quantile forecasts of inflation under model uncertainty," Working Papers 2015_09, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Chen, Cathy W.S. & Gerlach, Richard & Hwang, Bruce B.K. & McAleer, Michael, 2012.
"Forecasting Value-at-Risk using nonlinear regression quantiles and the intra-day range,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 557-574.
- Cathy W. S. Chen & Richard Gerlach & Bruce B. K. Hwang & Michael McAleer, 2011. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk Using Nonlinear Regression Quantiles and the Intra-day Range," Working Papers in Economics 11/22, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Cathy W. S. Chen & Richard Gerlach & Bruce B. K. Hwang & Michael McAleer, 2011. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk Using Nonlinear Regression Quantiles and the Intra-day Range," KIER Working Papers 775, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Cathy W. S. Chen & Richard Gerlach & Bruce B. K. Hwang & Michael McAleer, 2011. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk Using Nonlinear Regression Quantiles and the Intra-day Range," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2011-16, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Chen, C.W.S. & Gerlach, R. & Hwang, B.B.K. & McAleer, M.J., 2011. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk Using Nonlinear Regression Quantiles and the Intraday Range," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2011-17, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Genya Kobayashi, 2016. "Skew exponential power stochastic volatility model for analysis of skewness, non-normal tails, quantiles and expectiles," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 49-88, March.
- Korobilis, Dimitris, 2017. "Quantile regression forecasts of inflation under model uncertainty," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 11-20.
- Richard Gerlach & Zudi Lu & Hai Huang, 2013. "Exponentially Smoothing the Skewed Laplace Distribution for Value‐at‐Risk Forecasting," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(6), pages 534-550, September.
- Hubner, Stefan, 2016. "Topics in nonparametric identification and estimation," Other publications TiSEM 08fce56b-3193-46e0-871b-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Yuta Kurose & Yasuhiro Omori, 2012. "Bayesian Analysis of Time-Varying Quantiles Using a Smoothing Spline," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-845, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Derek Bunn, Arne Andresen, Dipeng Chen, Sjur Westgaard, 2016. "Analysis and Forecasting of Electricty Price Risks with Quantile Factor Models," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- CHEN, Cathy W.S. & WENG, Monica M.C. & WATANABE, Toshiaki, 2015. "Employing Bayesian Forecasting of Value-at-Risk to Determine an Appropriate Model for Risk Management," Discussion paper series HIAS-E-16, Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study, Hitotsubashi University.
- Chi Ming Wong & Lei Lam Olivia Ting, 2016. "A Quantile Regression Approach to the Multiple Period Value at Risk Estimation," Journal of Economics and Management, College of Business, Feng Chia University, Taiwan, vol. 12(1), pages 1-35, February.
- Alhamzawi, Rahim & Yu, Keming, 2013. "Conjugate priors and variable selection for Bayesian quantile regression," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 209-219.
- Cathy Chen & Richard Gerlach, 2013. "Semi-parametric quantile estimation for double threshold autoregressive models with heteroskedasticity," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 1103-1131, June.
- Huarng, Kun-Huang & Yu, Tiffany Hui-Kuang, 2014. "A new quantile regression forecasting model," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(5), pages 779-784.
- Wilson Ye Chen & Gareth W. Peters & Richard H. Gerlach & Scott A. Sisson, 2017. "Dynamic Quantile Function Models," Papers 1707.02587, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2017.
- Nieto, Maria Rosa & Ruiz, Esther, 2016. "Frontiers in VaR forecasting and backtesting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 475-501.
- Mauro Bernardi & Ghislaine Gayraud & Lea Petrella, 2013. "Bayesian inference for CoVaR," Papers 1306.2834, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2013.
- Komunjer, Ivana, 2013. "Quantile Prediction," Handbook of Economic Forecasting, Elsevier.
- So, Mike K.P. & Chung, Ray S.W., 2015. "Statistical inference for conditional quantiles in nonlinear time series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 189(2), pages 457-472.
- Richard Gerlach & Chao Wang, 2018. "Semi-parametric Dynamic Asymmetric Laplace Models for Tail Risk Forecasting, Incorporating Realized Measures," Papers 1805.08653, arXiv.org.
- Richard Gerlach & Shelton Peiris & Edward M. H. Lin, 2016. "Bayesian estimation and inference for log-ACD models," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 25-48, March.
- Liu, Xiaochun & Luger, Richard, 2015. "Unfolded GARCH models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 186-217.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:48-59 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jnlbes:v:29:y:2011:i:4:p:481-492. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/UBES20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.