Spline nonparametric quasi-likelihood regression within the frame of the accelerated failure time model
The accelerated failure time model provides direct physical interpretation for right censored data. However, the homogeneity of variance assumption of the log transformed data does not always hold. In this paper, we propose using a generalized linear model for right censored data in which we relax the homogeneity assumption. A new semiparametric analysis method is proposed for this model. The method uses nonparametric quasi-likelihood in which the variance function is estimated by polynomial spline regression. This is based on squared residuals from an initial model fit. The rate of convergence of the nonparametric variance function estimator is derived. It is shown that the regression coefficient estimators are asymptotically normally distributed. Simulations show that for finite samples the proposed nonparametric quasi-likelihood method performs well. The new method is illustrated with one dataset.
Volume (Year): 56 (2012)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Huang, Jianhua Z., 1998. "Functional ANOVA Models for Generalized Regression," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 49-71, October.
- Lai, Tze Leung & Ying, Zhiliang, 1992. "Linear rank statistics in regression analysis with censored or truncated data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 13-45, January.
- Huang, Jianhua Z., 2003. "Asymptotics for polynomial spline regression under weak conditions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 207-216, November.
- Zhezhen Jin, 2003. "Rank-based inference for the accelerated failure time model," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 90(2), pages 341-353, June.
- Mai Zhou, 2005. "Empirical likelihood analysis of the rank estimator for the censored accelerated failure time model," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 92(2), pages 492-498, June.
- Jianhua Z. Huang & Linxu Liu, 2006. "Polynomial Spline Estimation and Inference of Proportional Hazards Regression Models with Flexible Relative Risk Form," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 793-802, 09.
- Zhezhen Jin & D. Y. Lin & Zhiliang Ying, 2006. "On least-squares regression with censored data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 93(1), pages 147-161, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:56:y:2012:i:9:p:2675-2687. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.