A flexible extreme value mixture model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Xibin & King, Maxwell L. & Hyndman, Rob J., 2006. "A Bayesian approach to bandwidth selection for multivariate kernel density estimation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(11), pages 3009-3031, July.
- McNeil, Alexander J. & Frey, Rudiger, 2000. "Estimation of tail-related risk measures for heteroscedastic financial time series: an extreme value approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 271-300, November.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1906 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mendes, Beatriz Vaz de Melo & Lopes, Hedibert Freitas, 2004. "Data driven estimates for mixtures," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 583-598, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fátima Brilhante, M. & Ivette Gomes, M. & Pestana, Dinis, 2013. "A simple generalisation of the Hill estimator," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 518-535.
- Wendy Shinyie & Noriszura Ismail & Abdul Jemain, 2014. "Semi-parametric Estimation Based on Second Order Parameter for Selecting Optimal Threshold of Extreme Rainfall Events," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 28(11), pages 3489-3514, September.
- repec:eee:csdana:v:56:y:2012:i:12:p:4081-4096 is not listed on IDEAS
- So, Mike K.P. & Chan, Raymond K.S., 2014. "Bayesian analysis of tail asymmetry based on a threshold extreme value model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 568-587.
- Dadalau Diana, 2012. "Integrated Estimation Model Of The Difficulty Status Of Entreprise," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 4, pages 130-143, December.
- Sigauke, Caston & Bere, Alphonce, 2017. "Modelling non-stationary time series using a peaks over threshold distribution with time varying covariates and threshold: An application to peak electricity demand," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 152-166.
- repec:bla:jorssc:v:66:y:2017:i:1:p:93-120 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fernando Ferraz Nascimento & Dani Gamerman & Hedibert Freitas Lopes, 2016. "Time-varying extreme pattern with dynamic models," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 25(1), pages 131-149, March.
- Lee, J. & Fan, Y. & Sisson, S.A., 2015. "Bayesian threshold selection for extremal models using measures of surprise," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 84-99.
- Sigauke, Caston & Verster, Andréhette & Chikobvu, Delson, 2013. "Extreme daily increases in peak electricity demand: Tail-quantile estimation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 90-96.
- Cristiano Villa, 2017. "Bayesian estimation of the threshold of a generalised pareto distribution for heavy-tailed observations," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 26(1), pages 95-118, March.
More about this item
KeywordsExtreme values Mixture model Kernel density Threshold selection;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:55:y:2011:i:6:p:2137-2157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .