A neuro-computational intelligence analysis of the ecological footprint of nations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- White, Thomas J., 2007. "Sharing resources: The global distribution of the Ecological Footprint," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 402-410, December.
- Gorr, Wilpen L. & Nagin, Daniel & Szczypula, Janusz, 1994. "Comparative study of artificial neural network and statistical models for predicting student grade point averages," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 17-34, June.
- Yang, Z. R. & Platt, Marjorie B. & Platt, Harlan D., 1999. "Probabilistic Neural Networks in Bankruptcy Prediction," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 67-74, February.
- Bagliani, Marco & Bravo, Giangiacomo & Dalmazzone, Silvana, 2008.
"A consumption-based approach to environmental Kuznets curves using the ecological footprint indicator,"
Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 650-661, April.
- Bagliani Marco & Bravo Giangiacomo & Dalmazzone Silvana, 2006. "A Consumption-based Approach to Environmental Kuznets Curves Using the Ecological Footprint Indicatory," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 200601, University of Turin.
- J. Stuart McMenamin & Frank A. Monforte, 1998. "Short Term Energy Forecasting with Neural Networks," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 43-61.
- Kuldeep Kumar & Sukanto Bhattacharya, 2006. "Artificial neural network vs linear discriminant analysis in credit ratings forecast: A comparative study of prediction performances," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(3), pages 216-227, August.
- Farzan Aminian & E. Suarez & Mehran Aminian & Daniel Walz, 2006. "Forecasting Economic Data with Neural Networks," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 28(1), pages 71-88, August.
- Susmita Dasgupta & Benoit Laplante & Hua Wang & David Wheeler, 2002. "Confronting the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 147-168, Winter.
- Andersson, Jan Otto & Lindroth, Mattias, 2001. "Ecologically unsustainable trade," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 113-122, April.
- van Vuuren, D. P. & Smeets, E. M. W., 2000. "Ecological footprints of Benin, Bhutan, Costa Rica and the Netherlands," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 115-130, July.
- Darbellay, Georges A. & Slama, Marek, 2000. "Forecasting the short-term demand for electricity: Do neural networks stand a better chance?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 71-83.
- McDonald, Garry W. & Patterson, Murray G., 2004. "Ecological Footprints and interdependencies of New Zealand regions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1-2), pages 49-67, September.
- Lee, Tian-Shyug & Chiu, Chih-Chou & Chou, Yu-Chao & Lu, Chi-Jie, 2006. "Mining the customer credit using classification and regression tree and multivariate adaptive regression splines," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 1113-1130, February.
- Shouhong Wang, 1995. "The Unpredictability of Standard Back Propagation Neural Networks in Classification Applications," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(3), pages 555-559, March.
- Sam Mirmirani & H.C. Li, 2004. "Gold Price, Neural Networks and Genetic Algorithm," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 23(2), pages 193-200, March.
- Moreno, David & Marco, Paulina & Olmeda, Ignacio, 2006. "Self-organizing maps could improve the classification of Spanish mutual funds," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(2), pages 1039-1054, October.
- Mohamed M. Mostafa, 2004. "Forecasting the Suez Canal traffic: a neural network analysis," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(2), pages 139-156, April.
- Karen Ehrhardt-Martinez & Edward M. Crenshaw & J. Craig Jenkins, 2002. "Deforestation and the Environmental Kuznets Curve: A Cross-National Investigation of Intervening Mechanisms," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 83(1), pages 226-243.
- Shunsuke Managi, 2006. "Pollution, natural resource and economic growth: an econometric analysis," International Journal of Global Environmental Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1), pages 73-88.
- Hornborg, Alf, 1998. "Towards an ecological theory of unequal exchange: articulating world system theory and ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 127-136, April.
- Grossman, Gene M. & Krueger, Alan B., 1996. "The inverted-U: what does it mean?," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 119-122, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tausch, Arno, 2011. "Costa Rica, superstar? some reflections on the global drivers and bottlenecks of the happy planet index," MPRA Paper 33226, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tausch, Arno, 2016. "‘Smart development’. An essay on a new political economy of the environment," MPRA Paper 70204, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tausch, Arno, 2011. "The ‘four economic freedoms’ and life quality. General tendencies and some hard lessons for EU-27-Europe," MPRA Paper 33225, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arno Tausch & Almas Heshmati, 2012.
"Migration, Openness and the Global Preconditions of "Smart Development","
Bogazici Journal, Review of Social, Economic and Administrative Studies,
Bogazici University, Department of Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 1-62.
- Tausch, Arno & Heshmati, Almas, 2011. "Migration, Openness and the Global Preconditions of 'Smart Development'," IZA Discussion Papers 6169, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tausch, Arno, 2011. "Globalization as a driver or bottleneck for sustainable development. General tendencies and European implications," MPRA Paper 33227, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:53:y:2009:i:9:p:3516-3531. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.