Local minima in categorical multiple regression
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Forrest Young & Jan Leeuw & Yoshio Takane, 1976. "Regression with qualitative and quantitative variables: An alternating least squares method with optimal scaling features," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 505-529, December.
- Gaudart, Jean & Giusiano, Bernard & Huiart, Laetitia, 2004. "Comparison of the performance of multi-layer perceptron and linear regression for epidemiological data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 547-570, January.
- Jan Leeuw & Forrest Young & Yoshio Takane, 1976. "Additive structure in qualitative data: An alternating least squares method with optimal scaling features," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 471-503, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paola Zappa & Emma Zavarrone, 2010. "Social interaction and volunteer satisfaction: an exploratory study in primary healthcare," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 57(2), pages 215-231, June.
- repec:taf:rjapxx:v:18:y:2013:i:4:p:560-593 is not listed on IDEAS
- Groenen, P.J.F. & Nalbantov, G.I. & Bioch, J.C., 2007. "SVM-Maj: a majorization approach to linear support vector machines with different hinge errors," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2007-49, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Rufibach, Kaspar, 2010. "An active set algorithm to estimate parameters in generalized linear models with ordered predictors," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(6), pages 1442-1456, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:50:y:2006:i:2:p:446-462. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.