SEMIFAR models--a semiparametric approach to modelling trends, long-range dependence and nonstationarity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mandelbrot, Benoit B, 1971. "When Can Price Be Arbitraged Efficiently? A Limit to the Validity of the Random Walk and Martingale Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 53(3), pages 225-236, August.
- Hall, Peter & Hart, Jeffrey D., 1990. "Nonparametric regression with long-range dependence," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 339-351, December.
- L. C. G. Rogers, 1997. "Arbitrage with Fractional Brownian Motion," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 95-105.
- Liu, Christina Y & He, Jia, 1991. " A Variance-Ratio Test of Random Walks in Foreign Exchange Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 773-785, June.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong, 1993. "Long Memory in Foreign-Exchange Rates," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(1), pages 93-101, January.
- Chiu, Shean-Tsong, 1989. "Bandwidth selection for kernel estimate with correlated noise," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 347-354, September.
- Fong, Wai Mun & Ouliaris, Sam, 1995. "Spectral Tests of the Martingale Hypothesis for Exchange Rates," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(3), pages 255-271, July-Sept.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohamed Chikhi & Anne Péguin-Feissolle & Michel Terraza, 2013.
"SEMIFARMA-HYGARCH Modeling of Dow Jones Return Persistence,"
Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 41(2), pages 249-265, February.
- Mohamed Chikhi & Anne Peguin-Feissolle & Michel Terraza, 2012. "SEMIFARMA-HYGARCH Modeling of Dow Jones Return Persistence," Working Papers halshs-00793203, HAL.
- Mohamed Chikhi & Anne Peguin-Feissolle & Michel Terraza, 2013. "SEMIFARMA-HYGARCH Modeling of Dow Jones Return Persistence," Post-Print hal-01499630, HAL.
- Mohamed Chikhi & Anne Péguin-Feissolle & Michel Terraza, 2012. "SEMIFARMA-HYGARCH Modeling of Dow Jones Return Persistence," AMSE Working Papers 1214, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France.
- Claudio Morana, 2014. "Factor Vector Autoregressive Estimation of Heteroskedastic Persistent and Non Persistent Processes Subject to Structural Breaks," Working Papers 273, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised May 2014.
- Moghtaderi, Azadeh & Flandrin, Patrick & Borgnat, Pierre, 2013. "Trend filtering via empirical mode decompositions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 114-126.
- Zhongjun Qu, 2011.
"A Test Against Spurious Long Memory,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(3), pages 423-438, July.
- Zhongjun Qu, 2010. "A Test Against Spurious Long Memory," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2010-051, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Feng, Yuanhua & Zhou, Chen, 2015.
"Forecasting financial market activity using a semiparametric fractionally integrated Log-ACD,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 349-363.
- Yuanhua Feng & Chen Zhou, 2013. "Forecasting financial market activity using a semiparametric fractionally integrated Log-ACD," Working Papers CIE 59, Paderborn University, CIE Center for International Economics.
- repec:eee:econom:v:203:y:2018:i:1:p:33-49 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rob J Hyndman & Maxwell L. King & Ivet Pitrun & Baki Billah, 2002. "Local Linear Forecasts Using Cubic Smoothing Splines," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 10/02, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Feng, Yuanhua & Yu, Keming, 2006. "Nonparametric estimation of time-varying covariance matrix in a slowly changing vector random walk model," MPRA Paper 1597, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rinke, Saskia & Busch, Marie & Leschinski, Christian, 2017. "Long Memory, Breaks, and Trends: On the Sources of Persistence in Inflation Rates," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-584, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Beran, Jan & Shumeyko, Yevgen, 2012. "Bootstrap testing for discontinuities under long-range dependence," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 322-347.
- Feng, Yuanhua & McNeil, Alexander J., 2008. "Modelling of scale change, periodicity and conditional heteroskedasticity in return volatility," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 850-867, September.
- Beran, Jan & Weiershäuser, Arno, 2011. "On spline regression under Gaussian subordination with long memory," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 315-335, February.
- Sibbertsen, Philipp & Leschinski, Christian & Busch, Marie, 2018. "A multivariate test against spurious long memory," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 203(1), pages 33-49.
- Feng, Yuanhua, 2006. "A local dynamic conditional correlation model," MPRA Paper 1592, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jing Wang, 2012. "Modelling time trend via spline confidence band," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 64(2), pages 275-301, April.
- Feng, Yuanhua & Beran, Jan & Yu, Keming, 2006. "Modelling financial time series with SEMIFAR-GARCH model," MPRA Paper 1593, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chun-Hung Chen & Wei-Choun Yu & Eric Zivot, 2009. "Predicting Stock Volatility Using After-Hours Information," Working Papers UWEC-2009-01, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:40:y:2002:i:2:p:393-419. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.