The dynamics of a Bertrand duopoly with differentiated products: Synchronization, intermittency and global dynamics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Agiza, H.N. & Elsadany, A.A., 2003. "Nonlinear dynamics in the Cournot duopoly game with heterogeneous players," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 320(C), pages 512-524.
- Avinash Dixit, 1979.
"A Model of Duopoly Suggesting a Theory of Entry Barriers,"
Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 20-32, Spring.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1978. "A Model Of Duopoly Suggesting A Theory Of Entry Barriers," Economic Research Papers 269023, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash K., 1978. "A Model of Duopoly Suggesting a Theory of Entry Barriers," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 125, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Brianzoni, Serena & Mammana, Cristiana & Michetti, Elisabetta, 2009. "Nonlinear dynamics in a business-cycle model with logistic population growth," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 717-730.
- Lopez, Monica Correa & Naylor, Robin A., 2004. "The Cournot-Bertrand profit differential: A reversal result in a differentiated duopoly with wage bargaining," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 681-696, June.
- Motta, Massimo, 1993. "Endogenous Quality Choice: Price vs. Quantity Competition," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 113-131, June.
- Avner Shaked & John Sutton, 1982. "Relaxing Price Competition Through Product Differentiation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(1), pages 3-13.
- Bignami Fernando & Agliari Anna, 2010. "Synchronization and On-Off Intermittency Phenomena in a Market Model with Complementary Goods and Adaptive Expectations," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(2), pages 1-31, March.
- Bischi, Gian-Italo & Stefanini, Luciano & Gardini, Laura, 1998. "Synchronization, intermittency and critical curves in a duopoly game," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 44(6), pages 559-585.
- Zhang, Jixiang & Da, Qingli & Wang, Yanhua, 2009. "The dynamics of Bertrand model with bounded rationality," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2048-2055.
- Jaskold Gabszewicz, J. & Thisse, J. -F., 1979. "Price competition, quality and income disparities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 340-359, June.
- Giant-italo Bischi & Laura Gardini, 2000. "Global properties of symmetric competition models with riddling and blowout phenomena," Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, Hindawi, vol. 5, pages 1-12, January.
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 546-554, Winter.
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Montrucchio, Luigi, 1986. "Dynamic complexity in duopoly games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 40-56, October.
- Zhang, Jixiang & Da, Qingli & Wang, Yanhua, 2007. "Analysis of nonlinear duopoly game with heterogeneous players," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 138-148, January.
- Gian Italo Bischi & Carl Chiarella & Michael Kopel & Ferenc Szidarovszky, 2010. "Nonlinear Oligopolies," Springer Books, Springer, number 978-3-642-02106-0, December.
- Dixit, Avinash K, 1986. "Comparative Statics for Oligopoly," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 27(1), pages 107-122, February.
- Agliari, Anna & Chiarella, Carl & Gardini, Laura, 2006. "A re-evaluation of adaptive expectations in light of global nonlinear dynamic analysis," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 526-552, August.
- Tramontana, Fabio, 2010. "Heterogeneous duopoly with isoelastic demand function," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 350-357, January.
- Vives, Xavier, 1985. "On the efficiency of Bertrand and Cournot equilibria with product differentation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 166-175, June.
- Shaked, Avner & Sutton, John, 1983. "Natural Oligopolies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(5), pages 1469-1483, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gori, Luca & Sodini, Mauro, 2017. "Price competition in a nonlinear differentiated duopoly," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 557-567.
- Brianzoni, Serena & Gori, Luca & Michetti, Elisabetta, 2015. "Dynamics of a Bertrand duopoly with differentiated products and nonlinear costs: Analysis, comparisons and new evidences," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 191-203.
- Yi, Qi Guo & Zeng, Xiang Jin, 2015. "Complex dynamics and chaos control of duopoly Bertrand model in Chinese air-conditioning market," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 231-237.
- Fanti, Luciano & Gori, Luca & Mammana, Cristiana & Michetti, Elisabetta, 2014. "Local and global dynamics in a duopoly with price competition and market share delegation," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 253-270.
- Zhang, Xinli & Sun, Deshan & Ma, Sijia & Zhang, Shuning, 2020. "The dynamics of a quantum Bertrand duopoly with differentiated products and heterogeneous expectations," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 557(C).
- Puu, Tonu & Tramontana, Fabio, 2019. "Can Bertrand and Cournot oligopolies be combined?," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 97-107.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chsofr:v:52:y:2013:i:c:p:73-86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thayer, Thomas R.). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/chaos-solitons-and-fractals .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.