The effect on forestation of the collective forest tenure reform in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Heidi J. Albers & Scott D. Rozelle & Li Guo, 1998. "China'S Forests Under Economic Reform: Timber Supplies, Environmental Protection, And Rural Resource Access," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 16(1), pages 22-33, January.
- Rozelle, Scott & Huang, Jikun & Benziger, Vince, 2003. "Forest Exploitation and Protection in Reform China: Assessing the Impact of Policy, Tenure, and Economic Growth," Working Papers 225890, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Runsheng Yin & Jintao Xu & Zhou Li, 2003. "Building Institutions for Markets: Experiences and Lessons from China's Rural Forest Sector," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 333-351, September.
- Camille Antinori & Gordon Rausser, 2007. "Collective choice and community forestry management in Mexico: An empirical analysis," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 512-536.
- Palmer, Charles & Engel, Stefanie, 2007. "For Better or for Worse? Local Impacts of the Decentralization of Indonesia's Forest Sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 2131-2149, December.
- Robert T. Deacon, 1994. "Deforestation and the Rule of Law in a Cross-Section of Countries," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(4), pages 414-430.
- Yin, Runsheng & Newman, David H., 1997. "Impacts of rural reforms: the case of the Chinese forest sector," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(3), pages 291-305, July.
- Xie, Yi & Gong, Peichen & Han, Xiao & Wen, Yali, 2014. "The effect of collective forestland tenure reform in China: Does land parcelization reduce forest management intensity?," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 126-140.
- Behera, Bhagirath & Engel, Stefanie, 2006. "Institutional analysis of evolution of joint forest management in India: A new institutional economics approach," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 350-362, June.
- Ballabh, Vishwa & Balooni, Kulbhushan & Dave, Shibani, 2002. "Why Local Resources Management Institutions Decline: A Comparative Analysis of Van (Forest) Panchayats and Forest Protection Committees in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2153-2167, December.
- Xie, Yi & Wen, Yali & Zhang, Yaoqi & Li, Xiaoyong, 2013. "Impact of property rights reform on household forest management investment: An empirical study of southern China," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 73-78.
- Galiani, Sebastian & Schargrodsky, Ernesto, 2010.
"Property rights for the poor: Effects of land titling,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(9-10), pages 700-729, October.
- Sebastian Galiani & Ernesto Schargrodsky, 2005. "Property Rights for the Poor: Effects of Land Titling," Business School Working Papers proprightspoor, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Sebastian Galiani & Ernesto Schargrodsky, 2010. "Property Rights for the Poor: Effects of Land Titling," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0103, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Yin, Runsheng & Xu, Jintao, 2002. "A Welfare Measurement of China's Rural Forestry Reform During the 1980s," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 1755-1767, October.
- Zvi Lerman, 1999. "Land Reform and Farm Restructuring: What Has Been Accomplished to Date?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 271-275, May.
- Mendelsohn, Robert, 1994. "Property Rights and Tropical Deforestation," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(0), pages 750-756, Supplemen.
- Zhang, Yaoqi & Uusivuori, Jussi & Kuuluvainen, Jari, 2000. "Impacts of economic reforms on rural forestry in China," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 27-40, May.
- Wen, Guanzhong James, 1993. "Total Factor Productivity Change in China's Farming Sector: 1952-1989," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(1), pages 1-41, October.
- Gunnar Köhlin & Gregory S. Amacher, 2005. "Welfare Implications of Community Forest Plantations in Developing Countries: The Orissa Social Forestry Project," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(4), pages 855-869.
- Engel, Stefanie & Palmer, Charles, 2006. "Who owns the right? The determinants of community benefits from logging in Indonesia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 434-446, June.
- Capozza, Dennis R & Sick, Gordon A, 1991. "Valuing Long-Term Leases: The Option to Redevelop," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 209-223, June.
- Lin, Justin Yifu, 1992. "Rural Reforms and Agricultural Growth in China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 34-51, March.
- Damodaran, Appukuttannair & Engel, Stefanie, 2003. "Joint Forest Management In India: Assessment Of Performance And Evaluation Of Impacts," Discussion Papers 18752, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Ping Qin & Jintao Xu, 2013. "Forest land rights, tenure types, and farmers' investment incentives in China: An empirical study of Fujian Province," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(1), pages 154-170, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhu, Zhen & Xu, Zhigang & Shen, Yueqin & Huang, Chenming & Zhang, Yaoqi, 2019. "How off-farm work drives the intensity of rural households' investment in forest management: The case from Zhejiang, China," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 30-43.
- Yuepeng Zhou & Xianlei Ma & Dengyan Ji & Nico Heerink & Xiaoping Shi & Hongbin Liu, 2018. "Does Property Rights Integrity Improve Tenure Security? Evidence from China’s Forest Reform," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(6), pages 1-18, June.
- Xie, Fangting & Zhu, Shubin & Cao, Mengtian & Kang, Xiaolan & Du, Juan, 2019. "Does rural labor outward migration reduce household forest investment? The experience of Jiangxi, China," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 62-69.
- Han Zhang & Jari Kuuluvainen & Hongqiang Yang & Yi Xie & Can Liu, 2017. "The Effect of Off-Farm Employment on Forestland Transfers in China: A Simultaneous-Equation Tobit Model Estimation," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(9), pages 1-14, September.
- Yang Ren & Jari Kuuluvainen & Anne Toppinen & Shunbo Yao & Sami Berghäll & Heimo Karppinen & Caixia Xue & Liu Yang, 2018. "The Effect of China’s New Circular Collective Forest Tenure Reform on Household Non-Timber Forest Product Production in Natural Forest Protection Project Regions," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(4), pages 1-17, April.
- Liu, Shilei & Xu, Jintao, 2019. "Livelihood mushroomed: Examining household level impacts of non-timber forest products (NTFPs) under new management regime in China's state forests," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 44-53.
- Han Zhang & Jari Kuuluvainen & Youliang Ning & Wenmei Liao & Can Liu, 2017. "Institutional Regime, Off-Farm Employment, and the Interaction Effect: What are the Determinants of Households’ Forestland Transfer in China?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(10), pages 1-15, October.
More about this item
KeywordsChina; Forestation; Land reform; Individualization;
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:38:y:2016:i:c:p:116-129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.