Have the Chinese provinces become integrated under reform?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1998.
"The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1009-1025, July.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," NBER Working Papers 5700, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," CEPR Discussion Papers 1473, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stockman, Alan C., 1988.
"Sectoral and national aggregate disturbances to industrial output in seven European countries,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 387-409.
- Alan C. Stockman, 1987. "Sectoral and National Aggregate Disturbances to Industrial Output in Seven European Countries," NBER Working Papers 2313, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Costello, Donna M, 1993. "A Cross-Country, Cross-Industry Comparison of Productivity Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(2), pages 207-222, April.
- Alwyn Young, 2000. "The Razor's Edge: Distortions and Incremental Reform in the People's Republic of China," NBER Working Papers 7828, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cai, Fang & Wang, Dewen & Du, Yang, 2002. "Regional disparity and economic growth in China: The impact of labor market distortions," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 197-212.
- Norman Loayza & J. Humberto Lopez & Angel J. Ubide, 1999. "Sectorial Macroeconomic Interdependencies; Evidence for Latin America, East Asia and Europe," IMF Working Papers 99/11, International Monetary Fund.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Eswar Prasad, 1997.
"Currency Unions, Economic Fluctuations, and Adjustment: Some New Empirical Evidence,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(1), pages 36-58, March.
- Eswar S Prasad & Tamim Bayoumi, 1996. "Currency Unions, Economic Fluctuations, and Adjustment; Some New Empirical Evidence," IMF Working Papers 96/81, International Monetary Fund.
- Alwyn Young, 2000. "The Razor's Edge: Distortions and Incremental Reform in the People's Republic of China," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1091-1135.
- Tang, K. K., 1998. "Economic Integration of the Chinese Provinces: A Business Cycle Approach," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 13, pages 549-570.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Yen-Hsiao & Quan, Lianfeng & Liu, Yang, 2013. "An empirical investigation on the temporal properties of China's GDP," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 69-81.
- Te Lai, 2015. "Regional Capital Mobility in China: An Endogenous Parameter Approach," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 2(3), pages 63-75, August.
- Gao, Xia & Guo, Xiaochuan & Sylvan, Katz J. & Guan, Jiancheng, 2010. "The Chinese innovation system during economic transition: A scale-independent view," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 618-628.
- Ljungwall, Christer & Tingvall, Patrik Gustavsson, 2015. "Is China different? A meta-analysis of the growth-enhancing effect from R&D spending in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 272-278.
- Chao Li & John Gibson, 2013. "Spatial Price Differences and Inequality in China: Housing Market Evidence," Working Papers in Economics 13/06, University of Waikato.
- Huang, Shuo & Fidrmuc, Jan & Fidrmuc, Jarko, 2015.
"Whither China? Reform and economic integration among Chinese regions,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 94-110.
- Jan Fidrmuc & Jarko Fidrmuc & Shuo Huang, 2013. "Whither China? Reform and Economic Integration among Chinese Regions," CESifo Working Paper Series 4220, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jan Fidrmuc & Jarko Fidrmuc & Shuo Huang, 2013. "Whither China? Reform and Economic Integration among Chinese Regions," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 13-01, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Liu, Tung & Li, Kui-Wai, 2006.
"Disparity in factor contributions between coastal and inner provinces in post-reform China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 449-470.
- Tung Liu & Kui-Wai Li, 2005. "Disparity in Factor Contributions between Coastal and Inner Provinces in Post-reform China," Working Papers 200502, Ball State University, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2006.
- Chao Li & John Gibson, 2014. "Spatial Price Differences and Inequality in the People's Republic of China: Housing Market Evidence," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 31(1), pages 92-120, March.
- Nagayasu, Jun, 2009. "Regional Inflation in China," MPRA Paper 24722, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Woo, Kai-Yin & Lee, Shu-Kam, 2009. "Detecting intra-national PPP model in China: A median-unbiased estimation approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1029-1032, September.
- Peter Drysdale, 2005.
"Regional Cooperation in East Asia and FTA Strategies,"
Trade Working Papers
22016, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Peter Drysdale, 2005. "Regional Cooperation in East Asia and FTA Strategies," Asia Pacific Economic Papers 344, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Jeffrey S. Zax & Yin He, 2016. "The Law Of One Price In Chinese Factor Markets," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 61(04), pages 1-31, September.
- Qinghua Zhang & Heng-fu Zou, 2012. "Regional Inequality in Contemporary China," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 13(1), pages 113-137, May.
- Lu Ming & Zhao Chen & Yongqin Wang & Yan Zhang & Yuan Zhang & Changyuan Luo, 2013. "China’s Economic Development," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14502, December.
- Xu, Xinpeng, 2006. "A currency union for Hong Kong and Mainland China?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 894-911, October.
- World Bank, 2005. "China : Integration of National Product and Factor Markets, Economic Benefits and Policy Recommendations," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8690, The World Bank.
- Li, Jianglong & Lin, Boqiang, 2017. "Does energy and CO2 emissions performance of China benefit from regional integration?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 366-378.
- Herrmann-Pillath, Carsten & Libman, Alexander & Yu, Xiaofan, 2014. "Economic integration in China: Politics and culture," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 470-492.
- Peter Drysdale & Xinpeng Xu, 2007.
"Taiwan's Role in the Economic Architecture of East Asia and the Pacific,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Economic Reform And Cross-Strait Relations Taiwan and China in the WTO, chapter 5, pages 149-185
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Peter Drysdale & Xinpeng Xu, 2004. "Taiwan's Role in the Economic Architecture of East Asia and the Pacific," Asia Pacific Economic Papers 343, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Peter Drysdale & Xinpeng Xu, 2004. "Taiwan'S Role In The Economic Architecture Of East Asia And The Pacific," Trade Working Papers 22865, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- HE Canfei & ZHU Shengjun, 2007. "Economic Transition and Industrial Restructuring in China: Structural Convergence or Divergence?," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 317-342.
- Li, Jie & Qiu, Larry D. & Sun, Qunyan, 2003. "Interregional protection: Implications of fiscal decentralization and trade liberalization," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 227-245.
- Li, Cheng, 2010. "Savings, investment, and capital mobility within China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 14-23, March.
- Krug, B. & Hendrischke, H., 2006. "Institution Building and Change in China," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-008-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:13:y:2002:i:2-3:p:116-133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.