Choosing an exchange rate regime during economic transition: The case of China
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard, 1994. "Credibility and exchange rate management in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 1-16, October.
- Boyer, Russell S, 1978. "Optimal Foreign Exchange Market Intervention," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(6), pages 1045-55, December.
- Michael Devereux & Charles Engel, 2000.
"The Optimal Choice of Exchange-Rate Regime: Price-Setting Rules and Internationalized Production,"
0022, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Michael B. Devereux & Charles Engel, 2001. "The Optimal Choice of Exchange Rate Regime: Price-Setting Rules and Internationalized Production," NBER Chapters, in: Topics in Empirical International Economics: A Festschrift in Honor of Robert E. Lipsey, pages 163-194 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael B. Devereux & Charles Engel, 1999. "The Optimal Choice of Exchange-Rate Regime: Price-Setting Rules and Internationalized Production," NBER Working Papers 6992, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Devereux & Charles Engel, 2000. "The Optimal Choice of Exchange-Rate Regime: Price-Setting Rules and Internationalized Production," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 0022, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Aizenman, Joshua, 1994. "Monetary and Real Shocks, Productive Capacity and Exchange Rate Regimes," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 61(244), pages 407-34, November.
- Maozu Lu & Zhichao Zhang, 2000.
"Parallel exchange market as a transition mechanism for foreign exchange reform: China's experiment,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 123-135.
- Lu, M. & Zhang, Z., 1998. "Parallel exchange market as a transition mechanism for foreign exchange reform: China's experiment," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9807, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Neumeyer, Pablo Andres, 1998.
"Currencies and the Allocation of Risk: The Welfare Effects of a Monetary Union,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 246-59, March.
- Neumeyer, P.A., 1995. "Currencies and the Allocation of Risk: The Welfare Effect of a Monetary Union," DELTA Working Papers 95-27, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Williamson, J., 1991. "Advice on the Choice of an Exchange-Rate Policy," Papers 3, United Nations World Employment Programme-.
- Jonathan Eaton, 1983.
"Optimal and Time Consistent Exchange Rate Management in an Overlapping Generations Economy,"
NBER Working Papers
1196, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eaton, Jonathan, 1985. "Optimal and time consistent exchange-rate management in an overlapping-generations economy," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 83-100, March.
- Homi Kharas & Brian Pinto, 1989. "Exchange Rate Rules, Black Market Premia and Fiscal Deficits: The Bolivian Hyperinflation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(3), pages 435-447.
- Chin, Daniel M. & Miller, Preston J., 1998. "Fixed vs. floating exchange rates: A dynamic general equilibrium analysis," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(7), pages 1221-1249, July.
- Holden, Paul & Holden, Merle & Suss, Esther C, 1979. "The Determinants of Exchange Rate Flexibility: An Empirical Investigation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(3), pages 327-33, August.
- Helpman, Elhanan & Razin, Assaf, 1982. "A Comparison of Exchange Rate Regimes in the Presence of Imperfect Capital Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 23(2), pages 365-88, June.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1981.
"An Exploration in the Theory of Exchange-Rate Regimes,"
3445091, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1981. "An Exploration in the Theory of Exchange-Rate Regimes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 865-90, October.
- Asikoglu, Y. & Uctum, M., 1989.
"Strategic Aspects Of Exchange Rate Policy In A Developing Country,"
Cahiers de recherche
8909, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Asikoglu, Yaman & Uctum, Merih, 1990. "Strategic aspects of exchange rate policy in a developing country," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 153-157, June.
- Rizzo, Jean-Marc, 1998. "The economic determinants of the choice of an exchange rate regime: a probit analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 283-287, June.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D, 1996. "Economic Transition and the Exchange-Rate Regime," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 147-52, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:12:y:2001:i:2-3:p:203-226. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.