Choosing an exchange rate regime during economic transition: The case of China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Boyer, Russell S, 1978. "Optimal Foreign Exchange Market Intervention," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(6), pages 1045-1055, December.
- Michael B. Devereux & Charles Engel, 2001.
"The Optimal Choice of Exchange Rate Regime: Price-Setting Rules and Internationalized Production,"
NBER Chapters,in: Topics in Empirical International Economics: A Festschrift in Honor of Robert E. Lipsey, pages 163-194
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael B. Devereux & Charles Engel, 1999. "The Optimal Choice of Exchange-Rate Regime: Price-Setting Rules and Internationalized Production," NBER Working Papers 6992, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Devereux & Charles Engel, 2000. "The Optimal Choice of Exchange-Rate Regime: Price-Setting Rules and Internationalized Production," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 0022, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Michael Devereux & Charles Engel, 2000. "The Optimal Choice of Exchange-Rate Regime: Price-Setting Rules and Internationalized Production," Working Papers 0022, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Eaton, Jonathan, 1985.
"Optimal and time consistent exchange-rate management in an overlapping-generations economy,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 83-100, March.
- Jonathan Eaton, 1983. "Optimal and Time Consistent Exchange Rate Management in an Overlapping Generations Economy," NBER Working Papers 1196, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D, 1996. "Economic Transition and the Exchange-Rate Regime," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 147-152, May.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard, 1994. "Credibility and exchange rate management in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 1-16, October.
- Maozu Lu & Zhichao Zhang, 2000.
"Parallel exchange market as a transition mechanism for foreign exchange reform: China's experiment,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 123-135.
- Lu, M. & Zhang, Z., 1998. "Parallel exchange market as a transition mechanism for foreign exchange reform: China's experiment," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9807, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Homi Kharas & Brian Pinto, 1989. "Exchange Rate Rules, Black Market Premia and Fiscal Deficits: The Bolivian Hyperinflation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(3), pages 435-447.
- Neumeyer, Pablo Andres, 1998.
"Currencies and the Allocation of Risk: The Welfare Effects of a Monetary Union,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 246-259, March.
- Neumeyer, P.A., 1995. "Currencies and the Allocation of Risk: The Welfare Effect of a Monetary Union," DELTA Working Papers 95-27, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Asikoglu, Yaman & Uctum, Merih, 1990.
"Strategic aspects of exchange rate policy in a developing country,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 153-157, June.
- Asikoglu, Y. & Uctum, M., 1989. "Strategic Aspects Of Exchange Rate Policy In A Developing Country," Cahiers de recherche 8909, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Chin, Daniel M. & Miller, Preston J., 1998. "Fixed vs. floating exchange rates: A dynamic general equilibrium analysis," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(7), pages 1221-1249, July.
- Rizzo, Jean-Marc, 1998. "The economic determinants of the choice of an exchange rate regime: a probit analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 283-287, June.
- Aizenman, Joshua, 1994. "Monetary and Real Shocks, Productive Capacity and Exchange Rate Regimes," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 61(244), pages 407-434, November.
- Williamson, J., 1991. "Advice on the Choice of an Exchange-Rate Policy," Papers 3, United Nations World Employment Programme-.
- Helpman, Elhanan & Razin, Assaf, 1982. "A Comparison of Exchange Rate Regimes in the Presence of Imperfect Capital Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 23(2), pages 365-388, June.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1981.
"An Exploration in the Theory of Exchange-Rate Regimes,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 865-890, October.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1981. "An Exploration in the Theory of Exchange-Rate Regimes," Scholarly Articles 3445091, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Holden, Paul & Holden, Merle & Suss, Esther C, 1979. "The Determinants of Exchange Rate Flexibility: An Empirical Investigation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(3), pages 327-333, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Funke & Jörg Rahn, 2005.
"Just How Undervalued is the Chinese Renminbi?,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 465-489, April.
- Funke, Michael & Rahn, Jörg, 2004. "Just how undervalued is the Chinese renminbi," BOFIT Discussion Papers 14/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Michael Funke & Jörg Rahn, 2005. "Just how Undervalued is the Chinese Renminbi," Quantitative Macroeconomics Working Papers 20504, Hamburg University, Department of Economics.
- Michael Funke & Jorg Rahn, 2004. "By How Much Is The Chinese Renminbi Undervalued?," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 40, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- BEN ALI Mohamed Sami, 2006. "Capital Account Liberalization And Exchange Rate Regime Choice, What Scope For Flexibility In Tunisia?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp815, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:12:y:2001:i:2-3:p:203-226. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco .