China's comparative labour productivity performance in manufacturing, 1952-1997: Catching up or falling behind?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Szirmai, Adam & Ruoen, Ren, 2000. "Comparative performance in Chinese manufacturing, 1980-1992," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 16-53.
- Abramovitz, Moses, 1986. "Catching Up, Forging Ahead, and Falling Behind," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(02), pages 385-406, June.
- repec:dgr:rugggd:199406 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kravis, Irving B., 1981. "An approximation of the relative real per capita GDP of the People's Republic of China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 60-78, March.
- Maddison, Angus & Ark, Bart van, 1994. "The international comparison of real product and productivity," GGDC Research Memorandum 199406, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- van Ark, Bart & Maddison, Angus, 1988. "Comparisons of real output in manufacturing," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5, The World Bank.
- Timmer, M.P. & Szirmai, A., 1997.
"Growth and Divergence in Manufacturing Performance in South and East Asia,"
37, Groningen State, Institute of Economic Research-.
- Timmer, Marcel P. & Szirmai, Adam, 1997. "Growth and Divergence in Manufacturing Performance in South and East Asia," GGDC Research Memorandum 199737, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Summers, Robert & Heston, Alan, 1988. "A New Set of International Comparisons of Real Product and Price Levels Estimates for 130 Countries, 1950-1985," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 34(1), pages 1-25, March.
- Ren, Ruoen & Chen, Kai, 1994. "An Expenditure-Based Bilateral Comparison of Gross Domestic Product between China and the United States," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 40(4), pages 377-94, December.
- Robert Summers & Alan Heston, 1991. "The Penn World Table (Mark 5): An Expanded Set of International Comparisons, 1950–1988," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 327-368.
- Wu, Harry X, 2000. "China's GDP Level and Growth Performance: Alternative Estimates and the Implications," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 46(4), pages 475-99, December.
- repec:dgr:rugggd:199737 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kravis, Irving B, 1984. "Comparative Studies of National Incomes and Prices," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 1-39, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:12:y:2001:i:2-3:p:162-189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.