Portfolio investment flows to Asia and Latin America: Pull, push or market sentiment?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Claessens, Stijn & Dooley, Michael P & Warner, Andrew, 1995. "Portfolio Capital Flows: Hot or Cold?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(1), pages 153-174, January.
- Taylor, Mark P & Sarno, Lucio, 1997. "Capital Flows to Developing Countries: Long- and Short-Term Determinants," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 11(3), pages 451-470, September.
- Chuhan, Punam & Claessens, Stijn & Mamingi, Nlandu, 1998. "Equity and bond flows to Latin America and Asia: the role of global and country factors," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 439-463, April.
- Filer, Larry II, 2004. "Large capital inflows to Korea: the traditional developing economy story?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 99-110, February.
- Fernandez-Arias, Eduardo, 1996.
"The new wave of private capital inflows: Push or pull?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 389-418, March.
- Fernandez-Arias, Eduardo & DEC, 1994. "The new wave of private capital inflows : push or pull?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1312, The World Bank.
- Claessens, Stijn, 1995. "The Emergence of Equity Investment in Developing Countries: Overview," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Barry Eichengreen & Ashoka Mody, 1998. "What Explains Changing Spreads on Emerging-Market Debt: Fundamentals or Market Sentiment?," NBER Working Papers 6408, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Montiel, Peter & Reinhart, Carmen M., 1999.
"Do capital controls and macroeconomic policies influence the volume and composition of capital flows? Evidence from the 1990s,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 619-635, August.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Montiel, Peter, 1999. "Do capital controls influence the volume and composition of capital flows? Evidence from the 1990s," MPRA Paper 13710, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kim, Yoonbai, 2000. "Causes of capital flows in developing countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 235-253, April.
- Baek, In-Mee & Bandopadhyaya, Arindam & Du, Chan, 2005. "Determinants of market-assessed sovereign risk: Economic fundamentals or market risk appetite?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 533-548, June.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Manmohan S. Kumar & Giorgio Fazio & Ronald MacDonald, 2003. "Fatal Attraction; A New Measure of Contagion," IMF Working Papers 03/80, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Faek Menla Ali & Fabio Spagnolo & Nicola Spagnolo, 2015.
"International Portfolio Flows and Exchange Rate Volatility for Emerging Markets,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
5615, CESifo Group Munich.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Faek Menla Ali & Fabio Spagnolo & Nicola Spagnolo, 2015. "International Portfolio Flows and Exchange Rate Volatility for Emerging Markets," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1519, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Julien Chevallier & Mathieu Gatumel & Florian Ielpo, 2014.
"Commodity markets through the business cycle,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(9), pages 1597-1618, September.
- Mathieu Gatumel & Florian Ielpo, 2014. "Commodity Markets through the business cycle," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01302479, HAL.
- Rogelio V. Mercado & Cyn-Young Park, 2011.
"What Drives Different Types of Capital Flows and their Volatilities in Developing Asia?,"
International Economic Journal,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(4), pages 655-680, December.
- Mercado, Rogelio & Park, Cyn-Young, 2011. "What Drives Different Types of Capital Flows and Their Volatilities in Developing Asia?," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 84, Asian Development Bank.
- Roberto Meurer, 2016. "Portfolio Investment Flows, GDP, and Investment in Brazil," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 8(12), pages 1-9, December.
- Oeking, Anne & Zwick, Lina, 2015. "On the relation between capital flows and the current account," Ruhr Economic Papers 565, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Adugna Olani, 2016. "Dynamic Capital Inflow Transmission Of Monetary Policy To Emerging Markets," Working Paper 1358, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Stefan Avdjiev & Bat-el Berger & Hyun Song Shin, 2018. "Gauging procyclicality and financial vulnerability in Asia through the BIS banking and financial statistics," BIS Working Papers 735, Bank for International Settlements.
- Fonseca Felipe J. & Llamosas-Rosas Irving & Rangel González Erick, 2018. "Economic Liberalization and External Shocks. The Hypothesis of Convergence for the Mexican States, 1994-2015," Working Papers 2018-27, Banco de México.
- repec:eee:intfin:v:55:y:2018:i:c:p:170-194 is not listed on IDEAS
- Broos, Menno & Ghalanos, Michalis & Kennedy, Bernard & Landbeck, Alexander & Lerner, Christina & Menezes, Paula & Schiavone, Alessandro & Tilley, Thomas & Viani, Francesca & Reinhardt, Dennis & Metzem, 2016. "Dealing with large and volatile capital flows and the role of the IMF," Occasional Paper Series 180, European Central Bank.
- Koepke, Robin, 2015. "What Drives Capital Flows to Emerging Markets? A Survey of the Empirical Literature," MPRA Paper 62770, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hasler, Nicole, 2016. "US International Equity Investment and Economic Fundamentals," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145840, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Roberto Meurer, 2011. "Measuring the impact of financial flows on macroeconomic variables: the case of Brazil after the 2008 crisis," Working Papers 0117, Universidade Federal do Paraná, Department of Economics.
- Hernandez Vega Marco A, 2015. "Estimating Capital Flows to Emerging Market Economies with Heterogeneous Panels," Working Papers 2015-03, Banco de México.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-01302479 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:17:y:2006:i:2:p:363-373. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.