Location decisions of manufacturing FDI in China: implications of China's WTO accession
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Caballero, Ricardo J. & Lyons, Richard K., 1992. "External effects in U.S. procyclical productivity," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 209-225, April.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Barrell, Ray & Pain, Nigel, 1999. "Trade restraints and Japanese direct investment flows," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 29-45, January.
- Donald S. Siegel & Catherine J. Morrison Paul, 1999. "Scale Economies and Industry Agglomeration Externalities: A Dynamic Cost Function Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(1), pages 272-290, March.
- John M. Quigley, 1998. "Urban Diversity and Economic Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 127-138, Spring.
- Kravis, Irving B. & Lipsey, Robert E., 1982.
"The location of overseas production and production for export by U.S. multinational firms,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3-4), pages 201-223, May.
- Irving B. Kravis & Robert E. Lipsey, 1980. "The Location of Overseas Production and Production for Export by U.S. Multinational Firms," NBER Working Papers 0482, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maurice Catin & Christophe Van Huffel, 2004. "Ouverture économique et inégalités régionales de développement en Chine : le rôle des institutions," Mondes en développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 128(4), pages 7-23.
- Nielsen, Bo Bernhard & Asmussen, Christian Geisler & Weatherall, Cecilie Dohlmann, 2017. "The location choice of foreign direct investments: Empirical evidence and methodological challenges," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 62-82.
- Blanc-Brude, Frédéric & Cookson, Graham & Piesse, Jenifer & Strange, Roger, 2014. "The FDI location decision: Distance and the effects of spatial dependence," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 797-810.
- Ng, Linda Fung-Yee & Tuan, Chyau, 2006. "Spatial agglomeration, FDI, and regional growth in China: Locality of local and foreign manufacturing investments," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 691-713, October.
- Catin, Maurice & Luo, Xubei & Van Huffel, Christophe, 2005. "Openness, industrialization, and geographic concentration of activities in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3706, The World Bank.
- Owen C. H. Ho, 2004. "Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in China: A Sectoral Analysis," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 04-18, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Huang, Can & Sharif, Naubahar, 2009. "Manufacturing dynamics and spillovers: The case of Guangdong Province and Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan (HKMT)," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 813-828, June.
- Kelley, Dennis & Coner, Joshua Klatte & Lyles, Marjorie A., 2013. "Chinese foreign direct investment in the United States: Location choice determinants and strategic implications for the State of Indiana," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 443-451.
- Rogers, Cynthia L. & Wu, Chen, 2012. "Employment by foreign firms in the U.S.: Do state incentives matter?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 664-680.
- Xu, WeiGuo & Hu, DaiPing & Lei, AiZhong & Shen, HuiZhang, 2008. "FDI chaos and control in China," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 17-28, January.
- World Bank, 2006. "Foreign Capital Utilization in China : Prospects and Future Strategy," World Bank Other Operational Studies 19623, The World Bank.
- ReVelle, C.S. & Eiselt, H.A. & Daskin, M.S., 2008. "A bibliography for some fundamental problem categories in discrete location science," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 184(3), pages 817-848, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:14:y:2003:i:1:p:51-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.