Forecasting in a Mixed Up World: Nowcasting Hawaii Tourism
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eric Ghysels & Arthur Sinko & Rossen Valkanov, 2007. "MIDAS Regressions: Further Results and New Directions," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1), pages 53-90.
- Baumeister, Christiane & Guérin, Pierre & Kilian, Lutz, 2015.
"Do high-frequency financial data help forecast oil prices? The MIDAS touch at work,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 238-252.
- Baumeister, Christiane & Guérin, Pierre & Kilian, Lutz, 2013. "Do High-Frequency Financial Data Help Forecast Oil Prices? The MIDAS Touch at Work," CEPR Discussion Papers 9768, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baumeister, Christiane & Guérin, Pierre & Kilian, Lutz, 2013. "Do high-frequency financial data help forecast oil prices? The MIDAS touch at work," CFS Working Paper Series 2013/22, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Christiane Baumeister & Pierre Guérin & Lutz Kilian, 2014. "Do High-Frequency Financial Data Help Forecast Oil Prices? The MIDAS Touch at Work," Staff Working Papers 14-11, Bank of Canada.
- repec:eee:touman:v:45:y:2014:i:c:p:181-193 is not listed on IDEAS
- Banerjee, Anindya & Dolado, Juan J. & Galbraith, John W. & Hendry, David, 1993. "Co-integration, Error Correction, and the Econometric Analysis of Non-Stationary Data," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288107.
- Haiyan Song & Peter Romilly & Xiaming Liu, 2000. "An empirical study of outbound tourism demand in the UK," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(5), pages 611-624.
- repec:eee:touman:v:46:y:2015:i:c:p:454-464 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jansen, W. Jos & Jin, Xiaowen & de Winter, Jasper M., 2016.
"Forecasting and nowcasting real GDP: Comparing statistical models and subjective forecasts,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 411-436.
- Jos Jansen & Xiaowen Jin & Jasper de Winter, 2012. "Forecasting and nowcasting real GDP: Comparing statistical models and subjective forecasts," DNB Working Papers 365, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Schumacher, Christian, 2014. "MIDAS and bridge equations," Discussion Papers 26/2014, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Camacho, Maximo & Perez-Quiros, Gabriel & Poncela, Pilar, 2013.
"Short-term Forecasting for Empirical Economists: A Survey of the Recently Proposed Algorithms,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Econometrics,
now publishers, vol. 6(2), pages 101-161, November.
- Maximo Camacho & Gabriel Perez-Quiros & Pilar Poncela, 2013. "Short-term forecasting for empirical economists. A survey of the recently proposed algorithms," Working Papers 1318, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- Peter Fuleky, 2012.
"On the choice of the unit period in time series models,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(12), pages 1179-1182, August.
- Peter Fuleky, 2011. "On the Choice of the Unit Period in Time Series Models," Working Papers 2011-4, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Peter Fuleky, 2011. "On the Choice of the Unit Period in Time Series Models," Working Papers 201111, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Ghysels, Eric & Santa-Clara, Pedro & Valkanov, Rossen, 2004.
"The MIDAS Touch: Mixed Data Sampling Regression Models,"
University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management
qt9mf223rs, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Eric Ghysels & Pedro Santa-Clara & Rossen Valkanov, 2004. "The MIDAS Touch: Mixed Data Sampling Regression Models," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-20, CIRANO.
- Ashley, Richard, 1998. "A new technique for postsample model selection and validation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 647-665, May.
- Harvey, David & Leybourne, Stephen & Newbold, Paul, 1997. "Testing the equality of prediction mean squared errors," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 281-291, June.
- Fuleky, Peter & Bonham, Carl S., 2015. "Forecasting With Mixed-Frequency Factor Models In The Presence Of Common Trends," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(04), pages 753-775, June.
- repec:eee:touman:v:59:y:2017:i:c:p:57-66 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jennie Bai & Eric Ghysels & Jonathan H. Wright, 2013. "State Space Models and MIDAS Regressions," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(7), pages 779-813, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:26-39 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mogliani, Matteo & Darné, Olivier & Pluyaud, Bertrand, 2017.
"The new MIBA model: Real-time nowcasting of French GDP using the Banque de France's monthly business survey,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 26-39.
- Mogliani, M. & Brunhes-Lesage, V. & Darné, O. & Pluyaud, B., 2014. "New estimate of the MIBA forecasting model. Modeling first-release GDP using the Banque de France's Monthly Business Survey and the “blocking” approach," Working papers 473, Banque de France.
More about this item
KeywordsNowcast; Ragged edge; Mixed frequency models;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data; Data Access
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- Z32 - Other Special Topics - - Tourism Economics - - - Tourism and Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:anture:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:191-202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/annals-of-tourism-research/ .