Forecasting in a Mixed Up World: Nowcasting Hawaii Tourism
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jansen, W. Jos & Jin, Xiaowen & de Winter, Jasper M., 2016.
"Forecasting and nowcasting real GDP: Comparing statistical models and subjective forecasts,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 411-436.
- Jos Jansen & Xiaowen Jin & Jasper de Winter, 2012. "Forecasting and nowcasting real GDP: Comparing statistical models and subjective forecasts," DNB Working Papers 365, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Jos Jansen, W. & Jin, Xiaowen & Winter, Jasper M. de, 2016. "Forecasting and nowcasting real GDP: Comparing statistical models and subjective forecasts," Munich Reprints in Economics 43488, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Baumeister, Christiane & Guérin, Pierre & Kilian, Lutz, 2015.
"Do high-frequency financial data help forecast oil prices? The MIDAS touch at work,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 238-252.
- Baumeister, Christiane & Guérin, Pierre & Kilian, Lutz, 2013. "Do High-Frequency Financial Data Help Forecast Oil Prices? The MIDAS Touch at Work," CEPR Discussion Papers 9768, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christiane Baumeister & Pierre Guérin & Lutz Kilian, 2014. "Do High-Frequency Financial Data Help Forecast Oil Prices? The MIDAS Touch at Work," Staff Working Papers 14-11, Bank of Canada.
- Baumeister, Christiane & Guérin, Pierre & Kilian, Lutz, 2013. "Do high-frequency financial data help forecast oil prices? The MIDAS touch at work," CFS Working Paper Series 2013/22, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Peter Fuleky, 2012.
"On the choice of the unit period in time series models,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(12), pages 1179-1182, August.
- Peter Fuleky, 2011. "On the Choice of the Unit Period in Time Series Models," Working Papers 2011-4, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Peter Fuleky, 2011. "On the Choice of the Unit Period in Time Series Models," Working Papers 201111, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:touman:v:59:y:2017:i:c:p:57-66 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eric Ghysels & Arthur Sinko & Rossen Valkanov, 2007. "MIDAS Regressions: Further Results and New Directions," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1), pages 53-90.
- Banerjee, Anindya & Dolado, Juan J. & Galbraith, John W. & Hendry, David, 1993. "Co-integration, Error Correction, and the Econometric Analysis of Non-Stationary Data," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288107.
- Haiyan Song & Peter Romilly & Xiaming Liu, 2000. "An empirical study of outbound tourism demand in the UK," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(5), pages 611-624.
- Ghysels, Eric & Santa-Clara, Pedro & Valkanov, Rossen, 2004.
"The MIDAS Touch: Mixed Data Sampling Regression Models,"
University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management
qt9mf223rs, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Eric Ghysels & Pedro Santa-Clara & Rossen Valkanov, 2004. "The MIDAS Touch: Mixed Data Sampling Regression Models," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-20, CIRANO.
- Ashley, Richard, 1998. "A new technique for postsample model selection and validation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 647-665, May.
- Jennie Bai & Eric Ghysels & Jonathan H. Wright, 2013. "State Space Models and MIDAS Regressions," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(7), pages 779-813, October.
- Schumacher, Christian, 2014. "MIDAS and bridge equations," Discussion Papers 26/2014, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Camacho, Maximo & Perez-Quiros, Gabriel & Poncela, Pilar, 2013.
"Short-term Forecasting for Empirical Economists: A Survey of the Recently Proposed Algorithms,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Econometrics,
now publishers, vol. 6(2), pages 101-161, November.
- Maximo Camacho & Gabriel Perez-Quiros & Pilar Poncela, 2013. "Short-term forecasting for empirical economists. A survey of the recently proposed algorithms," Working Papers 1318, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- Fuleky, Peter & Bonham, Carl S., 2015. "Forecasting With Mixed-Frequency Factor Models In The Presence Of Common Trends," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(04), pages 753-775, June.
- repec:eee:touman:v:45:y:2014:i:c:p:181-193 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:46:y:2015:i:c:p:454-464 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harvey, David & Leybourne, Stephen & Newbold, Paul, 1997. "Testing the equality of prediction mean squared errors," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 281-291, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:26-39 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mogliani, Matteo & Darné, Olivier & Pluyaud, Bertrand, 2017.
"The new MIBA model: Real-time nowcasting of French GDP using the Banque de France's monthly business survey,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 26-39.
- Mogliani, M. & Brunhes-Lesage, V. & Darné, O. & Pluyaud, B., 2014. "New estimate of the MIBA forecasting model. Modeling first-release GDP using the Banque de France's Monthly Business Survey and the “blocking” approach," Working papers 473, Banque de France.
More about this item
KeywordsNowcast; Ragged edge; Mixed frequency models;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data; Data Access
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- Z32 - Other Special Topics - - Tourism Economics - - - Tourism and Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:anture:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:191-202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/annals-of-tourism-research/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.