Crop water and irrigation requirements of Jatropha curcas L. in semi-arid conditions of Botswana: applying the CROPWAT model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pandey, Vimal Chandra & Singh, Kripal & Singh, Jay Shankar & Kumar, Akhilesh & Singh, Bajrang & Singh, Rana P., 2012. "Jatropha curcas: A potential biofuel plant for sustainable environmental development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 2870-2883.
- Mengistu Assefa Wendimu & Arne Henningsen & Tomasz Gerard Czekaj, 2017.
"Incentives and moral hazard: plot level productivity of factory-operated and outgrower-operated sugarcane production in Ethiopia,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 48(5), pages 549-560, September.
- Wedimu, Mengistu A. & Henningsen, Arne & Czekaj, Tomasz G., 2015. "Incentives and Moral Hazard: Plot Level Productivity of Factory-Operated and Outgrower-Operated Sugarcane Production in Ethiopia," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211900, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mengistu Assefa Wendimu & Arne Henningsen & Tomasz Gerard Czekaj, 2015. "Incentives and Moral Hazard: Plot Level Productivity of Factory-Operated and Outgrower-Operated Sugarcane Production in Ethiopia," IFRO Working Paper 2015/02, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Arisoa M. Rajaona & Nele Sutterer & Folkard Asch, 2012. "Potential of Waste Water Use for Jatropha Cultivation in Arid Environments," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(4), pages 1-17, December.
- Hess, T.M. & Molatakgosi, G., 2009. "Irrigation management practices of cabbage farmers in Botswana using saline groundwater," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 226-232, February.
- Gasparatos, A. & von Maltitz, G.P. & Johnson, F.X. & Lee, L. & Mathai, M. & Puppim de Oliveira, J.A. & Willis, K.J., 2015. "Biofuels in sub-Sahara Africa: Drivers, impacts and priority policy areas," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 879-901.
- Graham Von Maltitz & Alexandros Gasparatos & Christo Fabricius, 2014. "The Rise, Fall and Potential Resilience Benefits of Jatropha in Southern Africa," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(6), pages 1-29, June.
- Kaushal K. Garg & Suhas P. Wani & A.V.R. Kesava Rao, 2014. "Crop coefficients of Jatropha (Jatropha curcas) and Pongamia (Pongamia pinnata) using water balance approach," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 301-309, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thanaporn Supriyasilp & Kobkiat Pongput & Suree Boonyanupong & Teerawat Suwanlertcharoen, 2021. "Enhanced Water Management for Muang Fai Irrigation Systems through Remote Sensing and SWOT Analysis," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 35(1), pages 263-277, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ahmed, Abubakari, 2021. "Biofuel feedstock plantations closure and land abandonment in Ghana: New directions for land studies in Sub-Saharan Africa," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C).
- Gasparatos, Alexandros & Doll, Christopher N.H. & Esteban, Miguel & Ahmed, Abubakari & Olang, Tabitha A., 2017. "Renewable energy and biodiversity: Implications for transitioning to a Green Economy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 161-184.
- Ahmed, Abubakari & Gasparatos, Alexandros, 2020. "Multi-dimensional energy poverty patterns around industrial crop projects in Ghana: Enhancing the energy poverty alleviation potential of rural development strategies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C).
- Sánchez, A.S. & Almeida, M.B. & Torres, E.A. & Kalid, R.A. & Cohim, E. & Gasparatos, A., 2018. "Alternative biodiesel feedstock systems in the Semi-arid region of Brazil: Implications for ecosystem services," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P2), pages 2744-2758.
- Ahmed, Abubakari & Campion, Benjamin Betey & Gasparatos, Alexandros, 2017. "Biofuel development in Ghana: policies of expansion and drivers of failure in the jatropha sector," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 133-149.
- Meilin Ma & Richard J. Sexton, 2021. "Modern agricultural value chains and the future of smallholder farming systems," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 52(4), pages 591-606, July.
- Portugal-Pereira, Joana & Nakatani, Jun & Kurisu, Kiyo H. & Hanaki, Keisuke, 2015. "Comparative energy and environmental analysis of Jatropha bioelectricity versus biodiesel production in remote areas," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 284-293.
- Ahmed, Abubakari & Kuusaana, Elias Danyi & Gasparatos, Alexandros, 2018. "The role of chiefs in large-scale land acquisitions for jatropha production in Ghana: insights from agrarian political economy," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 570-582.
- Bergthorson, Jeffrey M. & Thomson, Murray J., 2015. "A review of the combustion and emissions properties of advanced transportation biofuels and their impact on existing and future engines," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1393-1417.
- Johanna Choumert & Pascale Combes Motel & Charlain Guegang, 2017.
"The Biofuel-Development Nexus: A Meta-Analysis,"
2017.04, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Johanna CHOUMERT & Pascale COMBES MOTEL & Charlain GUEGANG DJIMELI, 2017. "The biofuel-development nexus: A meta-analysis," Working Papers 201709, CERDI.
- Johanna Choumert & Pascale Combes Motel & Charlain Guegang Djimeli, 2017. "The biofuel-development nexus: A meta-analysis," Working Papers halshs-01512678, HAL.
- Richmond Antwi-Bediako & Kei Otsuki & Annelies Zoomers & Aklilu Amsalu, 2019. "Global Investment Failures and Transformations: A Review of Hyped Jatropha Spaces," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(12), pages 1-23, June.
- Su, Yujie & Zhang, Peidong & Su, Yuqing, 2015. "An overview of biofuels policies and industrialization in the major biofuel producing countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 991-1003.
- Arielle Muniz Kubota & João Guilherme Dal Belo Leite & Marcos Watanabe & Otávio Cavalett & Manoel Regis Lima Verde Leal & Luis Cortez, 2017. "The Role of Small-Scale Biofuel Production in Brazil: Lessons for Developing Countries," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(7), pages 1-12, July.
- Choumert Nkolo, Johanna & Combes Motel, Pascale & Guegang Djimeli, Charlain, 2018.
"Income-generating Effects of Biofuel Policies: A Meta-analysis of the CGE Literature,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 230-242.
- Johanna Choumert Nkolo & Pascale Combes Motel & Charlain Guegang Djimeli, 2018. "Income-generating Effects of Biofuel Policies: A Meta-analysis of the CGE Literature," Post-Print hal-01700830, HAL.
- Jocelyn Alejandra Cortez-Núñez & María Eugenia Gutiérrez-Castillo & Violeta Y. Mena-Cervantes & Ángel Refugio Terán-Cuevas & Luis Raúl Tovar-Gálvez & Juan Velasco, 2020. "A GIS Approach Land Suitability and Availability Analysis of Jatropha Curcas L. Growth in Mexico as a Potential Source for Biodiesel Production," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(22), pages 1-23, November.
- Gordana Kranjac-Berisavljevic, 2015. "Transformations of traditional landuse systems and their effects on development opportunities and peopleâ€™s livelihoods in Northern Ghana," ICDD Working Papers 14, University of Kassel, Fachbereich Gesellschaftswissenschaften (Social Sciences), Internatioanl Center for Development and Decent Work (ICDD).
- Graham von Maltitz & Marna van der Merwe, 2017. "Land and agronomic potential for biofuel production in Southern Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 085, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Abubakari Ahmed & Eric Dompreh & Alexandros Gasparatos, 2019. "Human wellbeing outcomes of involvement in industrial crop production: Evidence from sugarcane, oil palm and jatropha sites in Ghana," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(4), pages 1-33, April.
- Graham von Maltitz, 2017. "Options for suitable biofuel farming: Experience from Southern Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2017-100, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Edrisi, Sheikh Adil & Dubey, Rama Kant & Tripathi, Vishal & Bakshi, Mansi & Srivastava, Pankaj & Jamil, Sarah & Singh, H.B. & Singh, Nandita & Abhilash, P.C., 2015. "Jatropha curcas L.: A crucified plant waiting for resurgence," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 855-862.
More about this item
KeywordsJatropha; Biofuels; Irrigation scheduling; Yield reductions; CROPWAT;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agiwat:v:225:y:2019:i:c:s0378377418319887. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.