Second-order cybernetics as a tool to understand why pastoralists do what they do
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Girard, N. & Hubert, B., 1999. "Modelling expert knowledge with knowledge-based systems to design decision aids : The example of a knowledge-based model on grazing management," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 123-144, February.
- Herve, D. & Genin, D. & Migueis, J., 2002. "A modelling approach for analysis of agro pastoral activity at the one-farm level," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 187-206, March.
- Keating, B. A. & McCown, R. L., 2001. "Advances in farming systems analysis and intervention," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 70(2-3), pages 555-579.
- Sinclair, F. L. & Walker, D. H., 1998. "Acquiring qualitative knowledge about complex agroecosystems. Part 1: Representation as natural language," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 341-363, March.
- Walker, D. H. & Thorne, P. J. & Sinclair, F. L. & Thapa, B. & Wood, C. D. & Subba, D. B., 1999. "A systems approach to comparing indigenous and scientific knowledge: consistency and discriminatory power of indigenous and laboratory assessment of the nutritive value of tree fodder," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 87-103, November.
- Joyce Willock & Ian J. Deary & Gareth Edwards-Jones & Gavin J. Gibson & Murray J. McGregor & Alistair Sutherland & J. Barry Dent & Oliver Morgan & Robert Grieve, 1999. "The Role of Attitudes and Objectives in Farmer Decision Making: Business and Environmentally-Oriented Behaviour in Scotland," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 286-303.
- Defoer, Toon, 2002. "Learning about methodology development for integrated soil fertility management," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 57-81, July.
- Walker, Daniel H., 2002. "Decision support, learning and rural resource management," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 113-127, July.
- McCown, R. L., 2002. "Locating agricultural decision support systems in the troubled past and socio-technical complexity of `models for management'," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 11-25, October.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:221:y:2010:i:3:p:555-562 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chambers, Robert, 1994. "The origins and practice of participatory rural appraisal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 953-969, July.
- van Keulen, Herman, 2006. "Heterogeneity and diversity in less-favoured areas," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 1-7, April.
- Brodt, Sonja & Klonsky, Karen & Tourte, Laura, 2006. "Farmer goals and management styles: Implications for advancing biologically based agriculture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 90-105, July.
- Kristjanson, P. & Place, F. & Franzel, S. & Thornton, P. K., 2002. "Assessing research impact on poverty: the importance of farmers' perspectives," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 73-92, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maria J. Restrepo & Margareta A. Lelea & Brigitte Kaufmann, 2016. "Second-Order Cybernetic Analysis to Re-construct Farmers’ Rationale When Regulating Milk Production," Systemic Practice and Action Research, Springer, vol. 29(5), pages 449-468, October.
More about this item
KeywordsKnowledge analysis; Management; Low-external-input systems; Camel husbandry; Milk offtake; Northern Kenya;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:104:y:2011:i:9:p:655-665. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.