Integrated participatory modelling of actual farms to support policy making on sustainable intensification
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- S. F. Miller & A. N. Halter, 1973. "Systems-Simulation in a Practical Policy-Making Setting: The Venezuelan Cattle Industry," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 55(3), pages 420-432.
- Vayssières, Jonathan & Bocquier, François & Lecomte, Philippe, 2009. "GAMEDE: A global activity model for evaluating the sustainability of dairy enterprises. Part II - Interactive simulation of various management strategies with diverse stakeholders," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 139-151, July.
- Nevens, F. & Verbruggen, I. & Reheul, D. & Hofman, G., 2006. "Farm gate nitrogen surpluses and nitrogen use efficiency of specialized dairy farms in Flanders: Evolution and future goals," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 88(2-3), pages 142-155, June.
- Taylor, Michael L. & Adams, Richard M. & Miller, Stanley F., 1992. "Farm-Level Response To Agricultural Effluent Control Strategies: The Case Of The Willamette Valley," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(01), July.
- Thornton, P. K. & Herrero, M., 2001. "Integrated crop-livestock simulation models for scenario analysis and impact assessment," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 70(2-3), pages 581-602.
- Stoorvogel, J. J. & Antle, J. M. & Crissman, C. C. & Bowen, W., 2004. "The tradeoff analysis model: integrated bio-physical and economic modeling of agricultural production systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 43-66, April.
- Michel Griffon, 2002. "Révolution Verte, Révolution Doublement Verte Quelles technologies, institutions et recherche pour les agricultures de l'avenir ?," Mondes en développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 117(1), pages 39-44.
- Van Paassen, A. & Roetter, R.P. & Van Keulen, H. & Hoanh, C.T., 2007. "Can computer models stimulate learning about sustainable land use? Experience with LUPAS in the humid (sub-)tropics of Asia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 874-887, June.
- van Ittersum, M. K. & Rabbinge, R. & van Latesteijn, H. C., 1998. "Exploratory land use studies and their role in strategic policy making," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 309-330, November.
- Kobrich, C. & Rehman, T. & Khan, M., 2003. "Typification of farming systems for constructing representative farm models: two illustrations of the application of multi-variate analyses in Chile and Pakistan," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 141-157, April.
- Berntsen, J. & Petersen, B. M. & Jacobsen, B. H. & Olesen, J. E. & Hutchings, N. J., 2003. "Evaluating nitrogen taxation scenarios using the dynamic whole farm simulation model FASSET," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 817-839, June.
- Dupraz, Pierre, 1997.
"La spécialisation des exploitations agricoles : changements techniques et prix des facteurs,"
Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR),
INRA (French National Institute for Agricultural Research), vol. 45.
- Pierre Dupraz, 1997. "La spécialisation des exploitations agricoles : changements techniques et prix des facteurs," Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 45, pages 93-122.
- Nelson, R. A. & Holzworth, D. P. & Hammer, G. L. & Hayman, P. T., 2002. "Infusing the use of seasonal climate forecasting into crop management practice in North East Australia using discussion support software," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 393-414, December.
- De Jager, A. & Onduru, D. & van Wijk, M. S. & Vlaming, J. & Gachini, G. N., 2001. "Assessing sustainability of low-external-input farm management systems with the nutrient monitoring approach: a case study in Kenya," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 69(1-2), pages 99-118.
- Seamus J. Sheehy & R. H. McAlexander, 1965. "Selection of Representative Benchmark Farms for Supply Estimation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 47(3), pages 681-695.
- Carberry, P. S. & Hochman, Z. & McCown, R. L. & Dalgliesh, N. P. & Foale, M. A. & Poulton, P. L. & Hargreaves, J. N. G. & Hargreaves, D. M. G. & Cawthray, S. & Hillcoat, N. & Robertson, M. J., 2002. "The FARMSCAPE approach to decision support: farmers', advisers', researchers' monitoring, simulation, communication and performance evaluation," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 141-177, October.
- White, Howard, 2002. "Combining Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches in Poverty Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 511-522, March.
- Vayssières, Jonathan & Guerrin, François & Paillat, Jean-Marie & Lecomte, Philippe, 2009. "GAMEDE: A global activity model for evaluating the sustainability of dairy enterprises Part I - Whole-farm dynamic model," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 128-138, July.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:210:y:2008:i:1:p:115-126 is not listed on IDEAS
- van Ittersum, Martin K. & Ewert, Frank & Heckelei, Thomas & Wery, Jacques & Alkan Olsson, Johanna & Andersen, Erling & Bezlepkina, Irina & Brouwer, Floor & Donatelli, Marcello & Flichman, Guillermo & , 2008. "Integrated assessment of agricultural systems - A component-based framework for the European Union (SEAMLESS)," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 96(1-3), pages 150-165, March.
- Happe, Kathrin & Balmann, Alfons, 2008. "Doing Policy In The Lab! Options For The Future Use Of Model-Based Policy Analysis For Complex Decision-Making," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6588, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:357:y:2017:i:c:p:23-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:agisys:v:153:y:2017:i:c:p:127-137 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:250:y:2013:i:c:p:352-362 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dieguez Cameroni, F.J. & Terra, R. & Tabarez, S. & Bommel, P. & Corral, J. & Bartaburu, D. & Pereira, M. & Montes, E. & Duarte, E. & Morales Grosskopf, H., 2014. "Virtual experiments using a participatory model to explore interactions between climatic variability and management decisions in extensive grazing systems in the basaltic region of Uruguay," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 89-104.
- Gärtner, Dominique & Keller, Armin & Schulin, Rainer, 2013. "A simple regional downscaling approach for spatially distributing land use types for agricultural land," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 10-19.
More about this item
KeywordsParticipatory modelling Impact assessment Farm-sample representativeness Whole-farm management Sustainable intensification Policy formulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:104:y:2011:i:2:p:146-161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.