Wages and Unemployment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dale T. Mortensen, 1982.
"The Matching Process as a Noncooperative Bargaining Game,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of Information and Uncertainty, pages 233-258
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dale T. Mortensen, 1979. "The Matching Process as a Non-Cooperative/Bargaining Game," Discussion Papers 384, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- William H. Branson & Julio J. Rotemberg, 1991.
"International Adjustment with Wage Rigidity,"
NBER Chapters,in: International Volatility and Economic Growth: The First Ten Years of The International Seminar on Macroeconomics, pages 13-44
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Branson, William H. & Rotemberg, Julio J., 1980. "International adjustment with wage rigidity," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 309-332, May.
- William H. Branson & Julio J. Rotemberg, 1981. "International adjustment with wage rigidity," NBER Chapters,in: International Seminar on Macroeconomics, pages 309-332 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William D. Nordhaus, 1972. "The Worldwide Wage Explosion," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 3(2), pages 431-466.
- Hashimoto, Masanori, 1979. "Bonus Payments, on-the-Job Training, and Lifetime Employment in Japan," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 1086-1104, October.
- Barro, Robert J., 1977. "Long-term contracting, sticky prices, and monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 305-316, July.
- Gordon, Donald F, 1974. "A Neo-Classical Theory of Keynesian Unemployment," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(4), pages 431-459, December.
- Gray, Jo Anna, 1978. "On Indexation and Contract Length," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(1), pages 1-18, February.
- James L. Medoff & Katharine G. Abraham, 1980. "Experience, Performance, and Earnings," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(4), pages 703-736.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-1284, December.
- George A. Akerlof, 1980.
"A Theory of Social Custom, of which Unemployment may be One Consequence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 94(4), pages 749-775.
- George A. Akerlof, 1978. "A theory of social custom, of which unemployment may be one consequence," Special Studies Papers 118, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Brunner, Karl & Meltzer, Allan H., 1977. "Stabilization of the domestic and international economy," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 1-6, January.
- Robert E. Cole, 1972. "Permanent Employment in Japan: Facts and Fantasies," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 26(1), pages 615-630, October.
- George L. Perry, 1975. "Determinants of Wage Inflation Around the World," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 6(2), pages 403-448.
- Frye, Jon & Gordon, Robert J, 1981.
"Government Intervention in the Inflation Process: The Econometrics of "Self-Inflicted Wounds","
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 288-294, May.
- Jon Frye & Robert J. Gordon, 1980. "Government Intervention in the Inflation Process: The Econometrics of "Self-Inflicted Wounds"," NBER Working Papers 0550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Neil Baily, 1974. "Wages and Employment under Uncertain Demand," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 37-50.
- Azariadis, Costas, 1975. "Implicit Contracts and Underemployment Equilibria," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(6), pages 1183-1202, December.
- Grossman, Herschel I, 1977. " Risk Shifting and Reliability in Labor Markets," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 79(2), pages 187-209.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fortin, Pierre, 1988. "La persistance du chômage : synthèse," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 64(4), pages 545-558, décembre.
- Bela Balassa, 1984. "The economic consequences of social policies in the industrial countries," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 120(2), pages 213-227, June.
- Giersch, Herbert & Wolter, Frank, 1982. "On the recent slowdown in productivity growth in advanced economies," Kiel Working Papers 148, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Yoshida, Hiroyuki, 1999. "Harrod's Knife-Edge Reconsidered: An Application of the Hopf Bifurcation Theorem and Numerical Simulations," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 537-562, July.
- Tremblay, Rodrigue, 1984. "Les causes structurelles du chômage actuel," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 60(4), pages 430-439, décembre.
- Palle S. Andersen & Henri Bernard, 1991. "Energy shocks and the demand for energy," BIS Working Papers 17, Bank for International Settlements.
- Tsukuda, Yoshihiko & Miyakoshi, Tatsuyoshi, 1999. "The Japanese Labor Markets: Unemployment and Vacancies," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 91-118, June.
- Robert J. Gordon & John Veitch, 1986.
"Fixed Investment in the American Business Cycle, 1919-83,"
NBER Chapters,in: The American Business Cycle: Continuity and Change, pages 267-358
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Gordon & John M. Veitch, 1984. "Fixed Investment in the American Business Cycle, 1919-83," NBER Working Papers 1426, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alho, Kari, . "Analysis of Financial Markets and Central Bank Policy in the Flow-of-Funds Framework. An Application to the Case of Finland," ETLA A, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, number 12, March.
- Malinvaud, Edmond, 1985. "Sur l’analyse macroéconomique du chômage," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 61(2), pages 147-170, juin.
- Hallegatte, Stéphane & Ghil, Michael & Dumas, Patrice & Hourcade, Jean-Charles, 2008.
"Business cycles, bifurcations and chaos in a neo-classical model with investment dynamics,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 57-77, July.
- Stéphane Hallegatte & Michael Ghil & Patrice Dumas & Jean Charles Hourcade, 2008. "Business Cycles, Bifurcations and Chaos in a Neo-Classical Model with Investment Dynamics," Post-Print halshs-00007196, HAL.
- Edward A. Carmichael & Wendy Dobson & Richard G. Lipsey, 1986. "The Macdonald Report: Signpost or Shopping Basket?," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 12(s1), pages 23-39, February.
- Day, Richard H. & Hanson, Kenneth A., 1985. "Adaptive Economizing, Technological Change, and the Demand for Labor in Disequilibrium," Working Paper Series 144, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Palle S. Andersen, 1984. "Real wages, inflation and unemployment," BIS Working Papers 9, Bank for International Settlements.
- Shafik, Nemat, 1990. "Modeling investment behavior in developing countries : an application to Egypt," Policy Research Working Paper Series 452, The World Bank.
- Michael Burda, 1988. "Is there a capital shortage in Europe?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 124(1), pages 38-57, March.
- Mário Gómez, 2009. "Expectation and Uncertainty in the Keynesian Theory," Working Papers Department of Economics 2009/15, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Shadman-Mehta, Fatemeh & Sneessens, Henri R., 1998. "Demand-Supply Interactions and Unemployment Dynamics: Can there be Path Dependency ? The Case of Belgium, 1955-1994," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1998017, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:econjl:v:92:y:1982:i:365:p:1-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.