Equilibrium in Matching Models with Employment Dependent Productivity
In a standard search and matching framework, the labor market presents frictions while in the competitive product market the demand is infinitely elastic.To have a more realistic framework, some models abandon the assumption of infinite elasticity and consider a two-tier productive scheme in the goods market. In this paper, I establish the conditions that are sufficient for the existence and the uniqueness of a steady-state equilibrium for this kind of models. I also notice that some standard assumptions about the production and matching technology (a Cobb-Douglas function) do not fulfill such conditions and so may hinder the existence of an equilibrium.
Volume (Year): 29 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pierre Cahuc & AndrÃ© Zylberberg, 2004.
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 026203316x, July.
- Pierre Cahuc & Stéphane Carcillo & André Zylberberg, 2014. "Labor Economics," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01076752, HAL.
- Pierre Cahuc & Stéphane Carcillo & André Zylberberg & William Mccuaig, 2014. "Labor Economics," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/1oclgdahv98, Sciences Po.
- Joseph, G. & Pierrard, O. & Sneessens, H. R., 2004. "Job turnover, unemployment and labor market institutions," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 451-468, August.
- Gilles, Joseph & Olivier Pierrard & Henri R. Sneessens, 2003. "Job Turnover, Unemployment and Labor Market Institutions," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2003013, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Joseph, Gilles & Pierrard, Olivier & Sneessens, Henri R., 2003. "Job Turnover, Unemployment and Labor Market Institutions," IZA Discussion Papers 835, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Acemoglu, Daron, 2001. "Good Jobs versus Bad Jobs," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Mortensen, Dale T. & Pissarides, Christopher A., 1999. "New developments in models of search in the labor market," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 39, pages 2567-2627 Elsevier.
- Mortensen, Dale T & Pissarides, Christopher, 1999. "New Developments in Models of Search in the Labour Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 2053, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.