Employment and regional development in Germany
This article analyses the evolution of employment rates by sector in Germany, in comparison with the European Union averages. We explain the main causes of the differences of employment rates among regions, the inter-relation between the evolution of employment and the spatial distribution of population, bearing in mind the inter-relation between industry and services and the role of other factors that explain the evolution of regional development. The period of analysis is 1960-2000 for national data and 1985-1995 for regional data.
Volume (Year): 1 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.usc.es/economet/info.htm Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Aguayo, Eva, 2001. "Employment and regional development in Germany," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 1(2), pages 59-90.
- Stephanie Aubert & Andreas Stephan, 2000.
"Regional Infrastructure Policy and its Impact on Productivity: A Comparison of Germany and France,"
CIG Working Papers
FS IV 00-02, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Andreas Stephan, 2001. "Regional Infrastructure Policy and its Impact on Productivity: A Comparison of Germany and France," CIG Working Papers FS IV 01-02, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Aguayo, Eva, 2001. "Panorama regional y sectorial del empleo en los paises de la Union Europea 1985-2000," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 1(1), pages 9-44.
- Laurence Nayman & Deniz Ünal-Kesenci, 2001. "The French-German Productivity Comparison Revisited : Ten Years after the German Unification," Working Papers 2001-14, CEPII research center. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)