Employment and Regional Development in Italy
This article presents a comparison of the evolution of employment rates by sector in Italy with the European Union averages. We analyse the main causes of the differences of the rates of non-agrarian employment, between northern and southern regions, as well as the inter-relation between the evolution of employment and the spatial distribution of population, by means of inter-regional econometric models, bearing in mind the inter-relation between industry and services and the role of other factors that explain the evolution of regional development. The period of analysis is 1960-2000 for national data and 1985-1995 for regional data.
Volume (Year): 2 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.usc.es/economet/info.htm Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Riccardo Fiorentini & Roberto Tamborini, 1998. "Monetary policy, credit and aggregate supply: the evidence from Italy," Department of Economics Working Papers 9807, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Riccardo Fiorentini & Roberto Tamborini, 2002.
"Monetary Policy, Credit and Aggregate Supply: The Evidence from Italy,"
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 31(3), pages 451-491, November.
- R.Fiorentini & R.Tamborini, 2000. "Monetary policy, credit and aggregate supply: the evidence from Italy," General Economics and Teaching 0004008, EconWPA.
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Aguayo, Eva, 2001. "Panorama regional y sectorial del empleo en los paises de la Union Europea 1985-2000," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 1(1), pages 9-44.
- Juan R. Cuadrado-Roura & TomÂs Mancha-Navarro & RubÊn Garrido-Yserte, 2000. "Regional productivity patterns in Europe: An alternative approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 34(3), pages 365-384. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)