Employment and Regional Development in Italy
This article presents a comparison of the evolution of employment rates by sector in Italy with the European Union averages. We analyse the main causes of the differences of the rates of non-agrarian employment, between northern and southern regions, as well as the inter-relation between the evolution of employment and the spatial distribution of population, by means of inter-regional econometric models, bearing in mind the inter-relation between industry and services and the role of other factors that explain the evolution of regional development. The period of analysis is 1960-2000 for national data and 1985-1995 for regional data.
Volume (Year): 2 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.usc.es/economet/info.htm Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Aguayo, Eva, 2001. "Panorama regional y sectorial del empleo en los paises de la Union Europea 1985-2000," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 1(1), pages 9-44.
- Riccardo Fiorentini & Roberto Tamborini, 2002.
"Monetary Policy, Credit and Aggregate Supply: The Evidence from Italy,"
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 31(3), pages 451-491, November.
- Riccardo Fiorentini & Roberto Tamborini, 1998. "Monetary policy, credit and aggregate supply: the evidence from Italy," Department of Economics Working Papers 9807, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- R.Fiorentini & R.Tamborini, 2000. "Monetary policy, credit and aggregate supply: the evidence from Italy," General Economics and Teaching 0004008, EconWPA.
- Juan R. Cuadrado-Roura & TomÂs Mancha-Navarro & RubÊn Garrido-Yserte, 2000. "Regional productivity patterns in Europe: An alternative approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 34(3), pages 365-384.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eaa:aeinde:v:2:y:2002:i:1_3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.