An Interregional Econometric Model for Market Services Employment in 120 EEC Regions
We present a complete set of data of employment and value-added at the RR6 classification using data from Eurostat and our own estimations when necessary, and we fit and analyze an interregional econometric model for market services employment in 120 EEC regions. Our main conclusion is that value-added in industry and non-market sectors are the most important explanatory variables with positive impact on th eincrease of the value-added and employment of the market services sector, and thus we think that European Union and all the countries should try to help the increase of these factors in the regions under average. Una versión actualizada de este documento está disponible gratuitamente en la serie de documentos "Economic Development" de la Asociación Euroamericana de Estudios de Desarrollo Económico con el número 51. http://www.usc.es/economet/aea.htm An updated version of this paper is downloadable free in the series "Economic Development" edited by the Euro-American Association of Economic Development Studies, with the number 51. http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1995|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: (981) 56 31 00 Ext: 11518|
Fax: (981) 56 36 37
Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guisan, M.C. & Frias, I., 1997.
"Economic Growth and Social Welfare in the European Regions,"
Faculty of Economics
10, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Faculty of Economics, Applied Econometric and Quantitative Studies.
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Frias, Isidro, 1996. "Economic growth and social welfare in the European regions," Economic Development 9, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics..
- Guisan, M.C. & Cancelo, M.T., 1997.
"Territorial Public Expenditure and Revenue: Economic Impact in the European Regional Growth,"
Faculty of Economics
09, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Faculty of Economics, Applied Econometric and Quantitative Studies.
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Cancelo, M.Teresa, 1996. "Territorial public expenditure and revenue: economic impact in the European regional growth," Economic Development 8, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics..
- J. Bradford De Long & Lawrence H. Summers, .
"Equipment Investment and Economic Growth,"
J. Bradford De Long's Working Papers
_122, University of California at Berkeley, Economics Department.
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Aguayo, Eva, 2002. "Employment and Regional Development in Italy," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 2(1), pages 41-72.
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Cancelo, M.Teresa & Exposito, Pilar, 1998. "Financiacion de la investigacion universitaria en los paises de la OCDE," Economic Development 24, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics..
- Klein, Lawrence R. & Glickman, Norman J., 1977. "Econometric model-building at regional level," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1-2), pages 3-23, March.
- Adams, F Gerard & Brooking, Carl G & Glickman, Norman J, 1975. "On the Specification and Simulation of a Regional Econometric Model: A Model of Mississippi," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(3), pages 286-98, August.
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Aguayo, Eva, 2001. "Employment and regional development in France," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 1(1), pages 63-92.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:scaeqs:01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Isabel Neira)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Isabel Neira to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.