An Interregional Econometric Model for Market Services Employment in 120 EEC Regions
We present a complete set of data of employment and value-added at 6 sectors classification, calculated having into account OECD National Accounts, regional data from Eurostat and our own estimations when necessary for former EEC12 countries, for the years. We fit and analyze an interregional econometric model for market services employment in 120 EEC regions in the year 1985 and compare its results with another models estimated for the period 1985-98. Our main conclusion is that value-added in industry and non-market sectors are the most important explanatory variables with positive impact on the increase of value-added and employment of the market services sector, and thus we think that European Union should try to help the increase of these factors in the regions under average. This recommendation is specially interesting before the forthcoming expansions of European Union after 2002.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: (981) 56 31 00 Ext: 11518|
Fax: (981) 56 36 37
Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/welcomei.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Bradford De Long & Lawrence H. Summers, .
"Equipment Investment and Economic Growth,"
J. Bradford De Long's Working Papers
_122, University of California at Berkeley, Economics Department.
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Frias, Isidro, 1996.
"Economic growth and social welfare in the European regions,"
9, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics..
- Guisan, M.C. & Frias, I., 1997. "Economic Growth and Social Welfare in the European Regions," Faculty of Economics 10, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Faculty of Economics, Applied Econometric and Quantitative Studies.
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Aguayo, Eva, 2002. "Employment and Regional Development in Italy," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 2(1), pages 41-72.
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Cancelo, M.Teresa & Exposito, Pilar, 1998. "Financiacion de la investigacion universitaria en los paises de la OCDE," Economic Development 24, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics..
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Cancelo, M.Teresa, 1996.
"Territorial public expenditure and revenue: economic impact in the European regional growth,"
8, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics..
- Guisan, M.C. & Cancelo, M.T., 1997. "Territorial Public Expenditure and Revenue: Economic Impact in the European Regional Growth," Faculty of Economics 09, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Faculty of Economics, Applied Econometric and Quantitative Studies.
- Adams, F Gerard & Brooking, Carl G & Glickman, Norman J, 1975. "On the Specification and Simulation of a Regional Econometric Model: A Model of Mississippi," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(3), pages 286-98, August.
- Klein, Lawrence R. & Glickman, Norman J., 1977. "Econometric model-building at regional level," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1-2), pages 3-23, March.
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Aguayo, Eva, 2001. "Employment and regional development in France," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 1(1), pages 63-92.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eaa:ecodev:51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.