The SAD Cycle for the Bucharest Stock Exchange
The SAD effect is a calendar anomaly linked to the few length of the daylight during the autumn and the winter. In this paper we investigate the presence of this seasonal effect on the Romanian capital market. We find evidences of a significant SAD effect for an important index of the Bucharest Stock Exchange. We also identify some differences of this anomaly from before and during the crisis.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: No. 59-61, Nicolae Balcescu Street, Postal Code 800008, Galati|
Phone: (0040) 336.130.242
Fax: (0040) 336.130.242
Web page: http://www.feaa.ugal.ro
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Hirshleifer & TYLER G. SHUMWAY, 2004.
"Good Day Sunshine: Stock Returns and the Weather,"
- Steeley, James M., 2001. "A note on information seasonality and the disappearance of the weekend effect in the UK stock market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1941-1956, October.
- Cao, Melanie & Wei, Jason, 2005. "Stock market returns: A note on temperature anomaly," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1559-1573, June.
- Eugene F. Fama, "undated".
"Market Efficiency, Long-term Returns, and Behavioral Finance,"
CRSP working papers
340, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1998. "Market efficiency, long-term returns, and behavioral finance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 283-306, September.
- Eugene F Fama, "undated". "Market Efficiency, Long-Term Returns, and Behavioral Finance," CRSP working papers 448, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Peterson, David R., 1990. "Stock Return Seasonalities and Earnings Information," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 187-201, June.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Saunders, Edward M, Jr, 1993. "Stock Prices and Wall Street Weather," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1337-1345, December.
- Mark Kamstra & Lisa Kramer & Maurice D. Levi, 2002.
"Winter blues: a SAD stock market cycle,"
FRB Atlanta Working Paper
2002-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ddj:fserec:y:2011:p:372-377. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gianina Mihai)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.