Information Content of Earnings Announcements: Evidence from After-Hours Trading
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 47 (2012)
Issue (Month): 06 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQ
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Henker, Thomas & Wang, Jian-Xin, 2006. "On the importance of timing specifications in market microstructure research," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 162-179, May.
- Hasbrouck, Joel, 1991. "The Summary Informativeness of Stock Trades: An Econometric Analysis," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 571-95.
- H. McInish, Thomas & Wood, Robert A., 1990. "A transactions data analysis of the variability of common stock returns during 1980-1984," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 99-112, March.
- Gennotte, Gerard & Trueman, Brett, 1996. "The Strategic Timing of Corporate Disclosures," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(2), pages 665-90.
- Henk Berkman & Cameron Truong, 2009. "Event Day 0? After-Hours Earnings Announcements," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 71-103, 03.
- Hirshleifer, David & Lim, Sonya Seongyeon & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2006.
"Driven to distraction: Extraneous events and underreaction to earnings news,"
3110, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 16 Apr 2007.
- David Hirshleifer & Sonya Seongyeon Lim & Siew Hong Teoh, 2009. "Driven to Distraction: Extraneous Events and Underreaction to Earnings News," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 64(5), pages 2289-2325, October.
- He, Yan & Lin, Hai & Wang, Junbo & Wu, Chunchi, 2009. "Price discovery in the round-the-clock U.S. Treasury market," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 464-490, July.
- Stefano Dellavigna & Joshua M. Pollet, 2009. "Investor Inattention and Friday Earnings Announcements," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 64(2), pages 709-749, 04.
- Bruno Biais & Pierre Hillion & Chester Spatt, 1999. "Price Discovery and Learning during the Preopening Period in the Paris Bourse," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(6), pages 1218-1248, December.
- Michael J. Barclay & Terrence Hendershott, 2004. "Liquidity Externalities and Adverse Selection: Evidence from Trading after Hours," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 681-710, 04.
- Jiang, Christine & McInish, Thomas & Upson, James, 2009. "The information content of trading halts," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 703-726, November.
- Charles Cao & Eric Ghysels & Frank Hatheway, 2000. "Price Discovery without Trading: Evidence from the Nasdaq Preopening," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1339-1365, 06.
- Michael J. Barclay, 2003. "Price Discovery and Trading After Hours," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 16(4), pages 1041-1073.
- Barclay, Michael J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1993. "Stealth trading and volatility : Which trades move prices?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 281-305, December.
- Hasbrouck, Joel, 1991. " Measuring the Information Content of Stock Trades," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 179-207, March.
- Barclay, Michael J. & Hendershott, Terrence, 2008. "A comparison of trading and non-trading mechanisms for price discovery," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 839-849, December.
- Cameron Truong, 2010. "Strategic timing of earnings announcements?," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 50(3), pages 719-738.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:47:y:2012:i:06:p:1303-1330_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.