Private Sector Savings
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:taf:houspd:v:27:y:2017:i:5:p:712-733 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abdur R Chowdhury, 2004.
"Private Savings in Transition Economies: Are there Terms of Trade Shocks?,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 46(4), pages 487-514, December.
- Abdur R. Chowdhury, 2003. "Private Savings In Transition Economies: Are There Terms Of Trade Shocks?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-572, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12130 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roberto Bande & Dolores Riveiro, 2013.
"Private Saving Rates and Macroeconomic Uncertainty: Evidence from Spanish Regional Data,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 44(3), pages 323-349.
- Roberto Bande & Dolores Riveiro, 2012. "Private Saving Rates and Macroeconomic Uncertainty: Evidence from Spanish Regional Data," Documentos de trabajo - IRENe 0004, IDEGA - Instituto Universitario de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Galicia.
- Bande, Roberto & Riveiro, Dolores, 2012. "Private Saving Rates and Macroeconomic Uncertainty: Evidence from Spanish Regional Data," MPRA Paper 42647, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tibor Zavadil & Teresa Messner, 2014. "Regional differences in household wealth across Slovakia," Working and Discussion Papers OP 1/2014, Research Department, National Bank of Slovakia.
- Emeka Nkoro & Aham Kelvin Uko, 2016. "Autoregressive Distributed Lag (ARDL) cointegration technique: application and interpretation," Journal of Statistical and Econometric Methods, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 5(4), pages 1-3.
- Meguire, Philip, 1998. "Comment: Social Security and Private Savings," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 51(2), pages 339-358, June.
- Nikolaos Dritsakis, 2011. "Demand for Money in Hungary: An ARDL Approach," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 1, pages 01-16, November.
- Athukorala, Prema-chandra & Sen, Kunal, 2004.
"The Determinants of Private Saving in India,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 491-503, March.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Kunal Sen, 2001. "The Determinants Of Private Saving In India," ASARC Working Papers 2001-13, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Athukorala, Prema-chandra & Sen, Kunal, 2001. "The Determinants of Private Saving in India," Departmental Working Papers 2001-12, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Meguire, Philip, 1998. "Comment: Social Security and Private Savings," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 51(n. 2), pages 339-58, June.
- Iveta Pauhofová & Tomáš Želinský, 2015.
"Regionálne aspekty príjmovej polarizácie v Slovenskej republike
[Regional Aspects of Income Polarization in the Slovak Republic]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2015(6), pages 778-796.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "Introduction to "A Theory of the Consumption Function"," NBER Chapters,in: A Theory of the Consumption Function, pages 1-6 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Ang & Kunal Sen, 2011.
"Private saving in India and Malaysia compared: the roles of financial liberalization and expected pension benefits,"
Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 247-267, October.
- James Ang & Kunal Sen, 2008. "Private Saving In India And Malaysia Compared: The Role Of Financial Liberalization And Expected Pension Benefits," Monash Economics Working Papers 13/08, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Ang, James & Sen, Kumal, 2009. "Private Saving in India and Malaysia Compared: The Role of Financial Liberalization and Expected Pension Benefits," MPRA Paper 14413, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aasim M. Husain, 1996. "Private Saving and Its Determinants: The Case of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 35(1), pages 49-70.
- Burkhard Heer & Bernd Sussmuth, 2009. "The savings-inflation puzzle," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(6), pages 615-617.
- O. de Bandt & C. Bruneau & W. El Amri, 2009.
"Convergence in household credit demand across euro area countries: evidence from panel data,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(27), pages 3447-3462.
- De Bandt. O. & Bruneau, C. & El Amri, W., 2006. "Convergence in Household Credit Demand Across Euro Area Countries: Evidence from Panel Data," Working papers 158, Banque de France.
- Kivilcim Metin Ozcan & Asli Gunay & Seda Ertac, 2003.
"Determinants of private savings behaviour in Turkey,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(12), pages 1405-1416.
- Kivilcim Metin-Ozcan, 2002. "Determinants of Private Saving Behaviour in Turkey," Working Papers 0206, Department of Economics, Bilkent University.
- Breusch, T S, 1978. "Testing for Autocorrelation in Dynamic Linear Models," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(31), pages 334-355, December.
- Modigliani, Franco, 1986.
"Life Cycle, Individual Thrift, and the Wealth of Nations,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(3), pages 297-313, June.
- Modigliani, Franco, 1985. "Life Cycle, Individual Thrift and the Wealth of Nations," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1985-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Juthathip Jongwanich, 2010. "The determinants of household and private savings in Thailand," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(8), pages 965-976.
- Buiter, Willem H., 1991. "Saving and Endogenous Growth: A Survey of Theory and Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 606, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "A Theory of the Consumption Function," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie57-1, September.
- Deaton, Angus S, 1977. "Involuntary Saving through Unanticipated Inflation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 899-910, December.
- Douglas W. Elmendorf, "undated".
"The Effect of Interest-Rate Changes on Household Saving and Consumption: A Survey,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
1996-27, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Douglas W. Elmendorf, 1996. "The effect of interest-rate changes on household saving and consumption: a survey," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 96-27, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1979. "A Simple Test for Heteroscedasticity and Random Coefficient Variation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1287-1294, September.
- Silvia Borzutsky & Mark Hyde, 2015. "A Just Retirement Future for Chilean Workers: Social Insurance or Private Savings?," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 21415, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Johansson, Sara, 1998. "Life cycles, oil cycles, or financial reforms? The growth in private savings rates in Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 111-124, January.
- Norman Loayza & Rashmi Shankar, 2000. "Private Saving in India," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 14(3), pages 571-594, September.
- Karunarathne, Wasana & Abeysinghe, Tilak, 2005. "Does mandatory pension savings crowd out private savings?: The experience of Sri Lanka," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 830-846, October.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Mechthild Schrooten & Sabine Stephan, 2004. "Does Macroeconomic Policy Affect Private Savings in Europe?: Evidence from a Dynamic Panel Data Model," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 431, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:wsi:jicepx:v:10:y:2019:i:01:n:s1793993319500029 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:sos:sosjrn:170208 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carroll, Chris & Summers, Lawrence H., 1987.
"Why have private savings rates in the United States and Canada diverged?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 249-279, September.
- Chris Carroll & Lawrence H. Summers, 1987. "Why Have Private Saving Rates in the United States and Canada Diverged?," NBER Working Papers 2319, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hong, Minki, 2012. "Decomposition of effects of social security on private savings," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(03), pages 419-438, July.
- Joshua Aizenman & Yin-Wong Cheung & Hiro Ito, 2019.
"The Interest Rate Effect on Private Saving: Alternative Perspectives,"
Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(01), pages 1-37, February.
- Joshua Aizenman & Yin-Wong Cheung & Hiro Ito, 2016. "The Interest Rate Effect on Private Saving: Alternative Perspectives," NBER Working Papers 22872, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Aizenman & Ying-Wong Cheung & Hiro Ito, 2019. "The Interest Rate Effect on Private Saving: Alternative Perspectives," GRU Working Paper Series GRU_2019_004, City University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics and Finance, Global Research Unit.
- El Mekkaoui de Freitas, Najat & Oliveira Martins, Joaquim, 2014.
"Health, pension benefits and longevity: How they affect household savings?,"
The Journal of the Economics of Ageing,
Elsevier, vol. 3(C), pages 21-28.
- Najat El Mekkaoui-de Freitas & Joaquim Oliveira Martins, 2014. "Health, Pension Benefits and Longevity How They Affect Household Savings?," Post-Print hal-01519827, HAL.
- Godfrey, Leslie G, 1978. "Testing against General Autoregressive and Moving Average Error Models When the Regressors Include Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1293-1301, November.
- Opoku, Richard Takyi & Ackah, Ishmael, 2015. "How responsive are private savings to changes in real interest rate in Ghana?," MPRA Paper 65040, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsPrivate Sector; Saving Rate; Precautionary Savings; Public Savings;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cmn:journl:y:2018:i:1:p:1-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Campbelle). General contact details of provider: http://www.eaco.eu .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.