Does mandatory pension savings crowd out private savings?: The experience of Sri Lanka
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christopher D. Carroll, 1992. "The Buffer-Stock Theory of Saving: Some Macroeconomic Evidence," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(2), pages 61-156.
- Oriana Bandiera & Gerard Caprio Jr. & Patrick Honohan & Fabio Schiantarelli, 1998.
"Does Financial Reform Raise or Reduce Savings?,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
413, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Feldstein, Martin S, 1974. "Social Security, Induced Retirement, and Aggregate Capital Accumulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(5), pages 905-26, Sept./Oct.
- Olivia S. Mitchell & Stephen P. Zeldes, 1996.
"Social Security Privatization: A Structure for Analysis,"
NBER Working Papers
5512, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mitchell, Olivia S & Zeldes, Stephen P, 1996. "Social Security Privatization: A Structure for Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 363-67, May.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1996.
"Privatization of Social Security: How It Works and Why It Matters,"
in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 10, pages 1-32
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1995. "Privatization of Social Security: How it Works and Why it Matters," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 66, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1995. "Privatization of Social Security: How It Works and Why It Matters," NBER Working Papers 5330, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J., 1990. "The Crisis in U.S. Saving and Proposals to Address the Crisis," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 43(3), pages 233-46, September.
- Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 1996.
"The Wealth of Cohorts: Retirement Saving and the Changing Assets of Older Americans,"
NBER Working Papers
5609, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David A. Wise & Steven F. Venti, 1993. "The Wealth of Cohorts: Retirement Saving and the Changing Assets of Older Americans," NBER Working Papers 4600, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeanine Bailliu & Helmut Reisen, 1997.
"Do Funded Pensions Contribute to Higher Aggregate Savings?: A Cross-Country Analysis,"
OECD Development Centre Working Papers
130, OECD Publishing.
- Jeannine Bailliu & Helmut Reisen, 1998. "Do funded pensions contribute to higher aggregate savings? A cross-country analysis," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 134(4), pages 692-711, December.
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J, 1979. "Testing the Theory of Social Security and Life Cycle Accumulation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 396-410, June.
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," NBER Working Papers 2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivia S. Mitchell & Stephen P. Zeldes, . "A Framework for Analyzing Social Security Privatization," Pension Research Council Working Papers 96-1, Wharton School Pension Research Council, University of Pennsylvania.
- Giovannini, Alberto, 1985. "Saving and the real interest rate in LDCs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 197-217, August.
- Asher, Mukul G. & Karunarathne, Wasana, 2001. "Social Security arrangements in Singapore: An Assessment," Discussion Paper 9, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Sarath Rajapatirana, 1992.
"Liberalization of the Domestic Financial Market Theoretical Issues with Evidence from Sri Lanka,"
1992.16 EDIRC Provider-In, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Sarath Rajapatirana, 1992. "Liberalization of the Domestic Financial Market Theoretical Issues with Evidence from Sri Lanka," Working Papers 1992.16, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Pitelis, Christos N., 1984.
"The effects of Life Assurance and Pension Funds on Other Savings : The Postwar U.K. Experience,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
252, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Pitelis, Christos N, 1985. "The Effects of Life Assurance and Pension Funds on Other Savings: The Postwar UK Experience," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 213-29, September.
- Munnell, Alicia H, 1976. "Private Pensions and Saving: New Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(5), pages 1013-32, October.
- Kelly, Roger & Mavrotas, George, 2003. "Financial Sector Development - Futile or Fruitful? An Examination of the Determinants of Savings in Sri Lanka," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Giovannini, Alberto, 1983. "The interest elasticity of savings in developing countries: The existing evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(7), pages 601-607, July.
- Martin Feldstein, 1995. "Social Security and Saving: New Time Series Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5054, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:16:y:2005:i:5:p:830-846. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.