Asset rich and cash poor: retirement provision and housing policy in Singapore
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hassler, John & Lindbeck, Assar, 1997.
"Optimal actuarial fairness in pension systems: A note,"
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 251-255, August.
- Hassler, John & Lindbeck, Assar, 1997. "Optimal Actuarial Fairness in Pension Systems - a Note," Seminar Papers 609, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Friedrich Breyer, 2001.
"Why Funding Is not a Solution to the "Social Security Crisis","
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
254, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Breyer, Friedrich, 2001. "Why Funding is not a Solution to the "Social Security Crisis"," IZA Discussion Papers 328, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Blundell, Richard & Johnson, Paul, 1998. "Pensions and Labor-Market Participation in the United Kingdom," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 168-172.
- Courtney Coile & Jonathan Gruber, 2000. "Social Security and Retirement," NBER Working Papers 7830, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borsch-Supan, Axel & Schnabel, Reinhold, 1998. "Social Security and Declining Labor-Force Participation in Germany," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 173-178.
- Feldstein, Martin & Liebman, Jeffrey B., 2002. "Social security," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 32, pages 2245-2324 Elsevier.
- Kapteyn, Arie & de Vos, Klaas, 1998. "Social Security and Labor-Force Participation in the Netherlands," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 164-167.
- Gruber, Jonathan & Wise, David, 1998. "Social Security and Retirement: An International Comparison," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 158-163.
- Mathias Kifman & Dirk Schindler, 2000. "Smoothing the Implicit Tax Rate in a Pay-as-you-go Pension System," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 57(3), pages 261-261, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Phang, Sock-Yong, 2004. "House prices and aggregate consumption: do they move together? Evidence from Singapore," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 101-119, June.
- Tat Hui, Weng & Toh, Ruby., 2014. "Growth with equity in Singapore : challenges and prospects," ILO Working Papers 994850173402676, International Labour Organization.
- Yong Yik Wei & Aekapol Chongvilaivan & Chew Jing Yang, 2008.
"Alternative Approaches to the Development of Early Childhood Education in Singapore,"
Development Economics Working Papers
22581, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ngee-Choon Chia & Albert K C Tsui, 2009. "Monetizing Housing Equity to Generate Retirement Incomes," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0901, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:1:y:2003:i:3:p:14567908 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ilo:ilowps:485017 is not listed on IDEAS
- Phang, Sock-Yong & Helble, Matthias, 2016. "Housing Policies in Singapore," ADBI Working Papers 559, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Stefan FÃ¶lster & Robert Gidehag & Mike Orszag & Dennis J. Snower, 2003. "Health Accounts and Other Welfare Accounts," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 1(3), pages 09-14, October.
- Michael Davies & Jacob Gyntelberg & Eric Chan, 2007. "Housing finance agencies in Asia," BIS Working Papers 241, Bank for International Settlements.
- Ngee-Choon Chia & Albert K C Tsui, 2005. "Reverse Mortgages as Retirement Financing Instrument : An Option for Ã¢â‚¬Å“Asset-rich and Cash-poorÃ¢â‚¬Â Singaporeans," Finance Working Papers 22566, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ngee-Choon Chia & Albert K C Tsui, 2009.
"Monetizing Housing Equity to Generate Retirement Incomes,"
SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series
0901, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Ngee-Choon Chia & Albert K C Tsui, 2009. "Monetizing Housing Equity to Generate Retirement Incomes," Microeconomics Working Papers 22759, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jpenef:v:1:y:2002:i:03:p:197-222_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_PEF .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.