Lay-Offs as Signals: The Canadian Evidence
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cole, Harold L. & English, William B., 1991. "Expropriation and direct investment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3-4), pages 201-227, May.
- Ignatius Horstmann & James R. Markusen, 1987. "Licensing versus Direct Investment: A Model of Internalization by the Multinational Enterprise," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 20(3), pages 464-481, August.
- Ronald Findlay, 1978. "Relative Backwardness, Direct Foreign Investment, and the Transfer of Technology: A Simple Dynamic Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 92(1), pages 1-16.
- Wang, Jian-Ye, 1990. "Growth, technology transfer, and the long-run theory of international capital movements," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3-4), pages 255-271, November.
- Wang, Jian-Ye & Blomstrom, Magnus, 1992.
"Foreign investment and technology transfer : A simple model,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 137-155, January.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Jian-Ye Wang, 1989. "Foreign Investment and Technology Transfer: A Simple Model," NBER Working Papers 2958, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Markusen, James R., 1984. "Multinationals, multi-plant economies, and the gains from trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 205-226, May.
- Edwin Mansfield & Anthony Romeo, 1980. "Technology Transfer to Overseas Subsidiaries by U. S.-Based Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(4), pages 737-750.
- Wright, Donald J., 1993.
"International technology transfer with an information asymmetry and endogenous research and development,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1-2), pages 47-67, August.
- Wright, Donald J., 1990. "International Technology Transfer with an Information Asymmetry and Endogenous Research and Development," Working Papers 138, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Wilfred J. Ethier, 1986. "The Multinational Firm," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(4), pages 805-833.
- Bond, Eric W & Samuelson, Larry, 1986. "Tax Holidays as Signals," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 820-826, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matthew Gray, 2000. "The Effects of Unemployment on the Earnings of Young Australians," CEPR Discussion Papers 419, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Christian Grund, 2006.
"Severance payments for dismissed employees in Germany,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 49-71, July.
- Grund, Christian, 2003. "Severance Payments for Dismissed Employees in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 875, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Silvia Mendolia, 2014.
"The impact of husband’s job loss on partners’ mental health,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 277-294, June.
- Mendolia, Silvia, 2011. "The impact of husband's job loss on partners' mental health," MPRA Paper 41847, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Haisken-DeNew, John P., 2001.
"Employer learning and the returns to schooling,"
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 161-180, May.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Haisken-DeNew, John P., 2000. "Employer Learning and the Returns to Schooling," IZA Discussion Papers 146, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bauer, Thomas & Haisken-DeNew, John P, 2000. "Employer Learning And The Returns To Schooling," CEPR Discussion Papers 2445, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Boom, Anette, 2005. "Firms' investments in general training and the skilled labour market," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 781-805, December.
- Waldman, Michael, 2013. "Classic promotion tournaments versus market-based tournaments," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 198-210.
- Frederiksen, Anders & Ibsen, Rikke & Rosholm, Michael & Westergaard-Nielsen, Niels, 2013.
"Labour market signalling and unemployment duration: An empirical analysis using employer–employee data,"
Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 84-86.
- Frederiksen, Anders & Ibsen, Rikke & Rosholm, Michael & Westergård-Nielsen, Niels C., 2006. "Labour Market Signalling and Unemployment Duration: An Empirical Analysis Using Employer-Employee Data," IZA Discussion Papers 2132, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Denise Doiron & Silvia Mendolia, 2012. "The impact of job loss on family dissolution," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 25(1), pages 367-398, January.
- Jed DeVaro & Michael Waldman, 2012.
"The Signaling Role of Promotions: Further Theory and Empirical Evidence,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 91-147.
- DeVaro, Jed & Waldman, Michael, 2006. "The signaling role of promotions: Further theory and empirical evidence," MPRA Paper 1550, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frenette, Marc & Morissette, Rene & Zhang, Xuelin, 2007.
"Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers: Canadian Evidence from a Large Administrative Database on Firm Closures and Mass Layoffs,"
Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series
2007291e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Frenette, Marc & Morissette, RenÃ© & Zhang, Xuelin, 2009. "Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers: Canadian Evidence from a Large Administrative Database on Firm Closures and Mass Layoffs," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2009-51, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 25 Sep 2009.
- Grund, Christian, 1999. "Stigma effects of layoffs?: Evidence from German micro-data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 241-247, August.
- Fares, Jean & Tiongson, Erwin R., 2007. "Youth unemployment, labor market transitions, and scarring : evidence from Bosnia and Herzegovina, 2001-04," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4183, The World Bank.
- Appelqvist Jukka, 2007. "Wage and Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers in Finland," Discussion Papers 422, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Alma Cohen, 2012.
"Asymmetric Learning in Repeated Contracting: An Empirical Study,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 94(2), pages 419-432, May.
- Alma Cohen, 2008. "Asymmetric Learning in Repeated Contracting: An Empirical Study," NBER Working Papers 13752, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Song, Younghwan, 2007. "Recall bias in the displaced workers survey: Are layoffs really lemons?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 335-345, June.
- Becker, Sebastian & Jahn, Elke, 2015. "Labor Market Signaling and Unemployment Duration: Evidence from Germany," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112981, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cje:issued:v:28:y:1995:i:4a:p:899-913. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceaaaea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .