The Representative Economic Agent – An Epistemological Approach
The representative economic agent is an extensively discussed subject in the literature, in general, in the economic literature, in particular. The complexity of this subject inevitably makes it a point of intersection of several research areas - management, mathematics, computer science. The paper aims to reveal the most relevant ideas expressed, in time, by specialists who tried to capture and describe the representative agent. The theoretical approach, that we assumed, respects a temporal coordinate and allows us to finally formulate some relevant conclusions. The importance of the paper is given by the theoretical work to systematize some remarkable ideas on a subject wich is still in the spotlight - the economic representative agent.
Volume (Year): 2 (2013)
Issue (Month): (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 004 0253 211062
Web page: http://www.utgjiu.ro/fse_new/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lucas, Robert Jr, 1976. "Econometric policy evaluation: A critique," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 19-46, January.
- Alan P. Kirman, 1992. "Whom or What Does the Representative Individual Represent?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 117-136, Spring.
- Leijonhufvud, Axel, 2006. "Agent-Based Macro," Handbook of Computational Economics, in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 36, pages 1625-1637 Elsevier.
- repec:zbw:cauewp:201104 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lengnick, Matthias, 2013.
"Agent-based macroeconomics: A baseline model,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 102-120.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbu:jrnlec:y:2013:v:2:p:42-46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ecobici Nicolae)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.