Swiss Franc from the Croatian Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Željko Jović, 2016. "The Interaction Between FX and Credit Risk as an Example of Intersection of Monetary and Financial Stability Policy Goals – The Case of Serbia," Journal of Central Banking Theory and Practice, Central bank of Montenegro, vol. 5(2), pages 133-155.
- De Bock, Reinout & de Carvalho Filho, Irineu, 2015.
"The behavior of currencies during risk-off episodes,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 218-234.
- Reinout De Bock & Irineu E de Carvalho Filho, 2013. "The Behavior of Currencies during Risk-off Episodes," IMF Working Papers 13/8, International Monetary Fund.
- Marcus Pramor & Natalia T. Tamirisa, 2006. "Common Volatility Trends in the Central and Eastern European Currencies and the Euro," IMF Working Papers 06/206, International Monetary Fund.
- Virginie Coudert & Cyriac Guillaumin & Hélene Raymond, 2014.
"Looking at the Other Side of Carry Trades: Are there any Safe Haven Currencies?,"
2014-03, CEPII research center.
- Virginie Coudert & Cyriac Guillaumin & Hélène Raymond, 2014. "Looking at the other side of carry trades: Are there any safe haven currencies?," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-13, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Wang, Jianxin & Yang, Minxian, 2009. "Asymmetric volatility in the foreign exchange markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 597-615, October.
- Kugler, Peter & Weder, Beatrice, 2005. "Why are Returns on Swiss Franc Asset so Low?," Working papers 2005/08, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Ernst Baltensperger & Peter Kugler, 2016. "The historical origins of the safe haven status of the Swiss franc:," Aussenwirtschaft, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science, Swiss Institute for International Economics and Applied Economics Research, vol. 67(02), pages 1-30, August.
- Angela Black & David McMillan, 2004. "Long run trends and volatility spillovers in daily exchange rates," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(12), pages 895-907.
- McFarland, James W & Pettit, R Richardson & Sung, Sam K, 1982. " The Distribution of Foreign Exchange Price Changes: Trading Day Effects and Risk Measurement," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(3), pages 693-715, June.
- Helen Higgs & Andrew C. Worthington, 2005. "Systematic Features of High-Frequency Volatility in Australian Electricity Markets: Intraday Patterns, Information Arrival and Calendar Effects," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 23-42.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- David E. Runkle & Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Svetozar Tanasković & Maja Jandrić, 2015. "Macroeconomic and Institutional Determinants of Non-performing Loans," Journal of Central Banking Theory and Practice, Central bank of Montenegro, vol. 4(1), pages 47-62.
- Peter Kugler & Beatrice Weder, 2002.
"The Puzzle of the Swiss Interest Rate Island: Stylized Facts and a New Interpretation,"
University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science, Swiss Institute for International Economics and Applied Economics Research, vol. 57(01), pages 49-64, March.
- Kugler, Peter & Weder, Beatrice, 2002. "The Puzzle of the Swiss Interest Rate Island: Stylized Facts and a New Interpretation," Discussion Paper Series 26190, Hamburg Institute of International Economics.
- Kugler, Peter & Weder, Beatrice, 2002. "The puzzle of the Swiss interest rate island: Stylized facts and a new interpretation," HWWA Discussion Papers 168, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Judit Temesvary, 2016. "The drivers of foreign currency-based banking in Central and Eastern Europe," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 24(2), pages 233-257, April.
- Grisse, Christian & Nitschka, Thomas, 2015.
"On financial risk and the safe haven characteristics of Swiss franc exchange rates,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 153-164.
- Christian Grisse & Thomas Nitschka, 2013. "On financial risk and the safe haven characteristics of Swiss franc exchange rates," Working Papers 2013-04, Swiss National Bank.
- Kugler, Peter & Weder di Mauro, Beatrice, 2005. "Why Are Returns on Swiss Franc Assets So Low? Rare Events May Solve the Puzzle," CEPR Discussion Papers 5181, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Li, Dandan & Ghoshray, Atanu & Morley, Bruce, 2012. "Measuring the risk premium in uncovered interest parity using the component GARCH-M model," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 167-176.
- Watanabe, Toshiaki & Harada, Kimie, 2006. "Effects of the Bank of Japan's intervention on yen/dollar exchange rate volatility," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 99-111, March.
- Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 1994. "Threshold heteroskedastic models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 931-955, September.
- Attila Csajbók & András Hudecz & Bálint Tamási, 2010. "Foreign currency borrowing of households in new EU member states," MNB Occasional Papers 2010/87, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary).
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
More about this item
KeywordsSwiss franc; asymmetric GARCH; exchange rate; Croatia;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbk:journl:v:7:y:2018:i:3:p:41-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cbmgvme.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.