The Irish Pound: From Origins to EMU
This article provides a brief overview of the Irish pound’s origins, before looking in more detail at the questioning of the sterling link and events leading up to Ireland joining the EMS.
Volume (Year): (2003)
Issue (Month): (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box No. 559, Dame Street, Dublin 2|
Phone: (01) 671 6666
Fax: (01) 671 6561
Web page: http://www.centralbank.ie
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1993. "European Monetary Unification," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1321-1357, September.
- Baker, Terence J. & FitzGerald, John & Honohan, Patrick, 1996. "Economic Implications for Ireland of EMU," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number PRS28.
- Barry, F, 1997. "Dangers for Ireland of and EMU without the UK : Some Calibration Results," Papers 97/20, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Neary, J.P. & Thom, D.R., 1996.
"Punts, Pounds and Euros: In Search of an Optimum Currency Area,"
96/24, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Rodney Thom & J. Peter Neary, 1996. "Punts, pounds and euros : in search of an optimum currency area," Working Papers 199624, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Geary, Patrick T. & McCarthy, Colm, 1976. "Wage and price determination in a labour-exporting economy : The case of Ireland," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 219-233, October.
- Barry Eichengreen & Jeffry Frieden, 1993. "The Political Economy Of European Monetary Unification: An Analytical Introduction," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 85-104, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)