Protection mixte de l'environnement et externalités intergénérationnelles
This article analyses the consequences of environmental public policy when private agents have access to abatement activity, ?nanced by private contributions. The question at stake is to determine if private involvement in abatement activities should challenge public intervention. The analysis of the environmental tax policy consequences on capital and environmental quality shows that, depending on abatement technologies and on initial economic and environmental inefficiencies, public and private abatements should be complementary or substitutable. Classi?cation JEL : Q52, Q58.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jouvet, Pierre-Andre & Michel, Philippe & Pestieau, Pierre, 2000.
"Altruism, Voluntary Contributions and Neutrality: The Case of Environmental Quality,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 67(268), pages 465-75, November.
- JOUVET, Pierre AndrÃ© & MICHEL, Philippe & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 1996. "Altruism, voluntary contributions and neutrality. The case of environmental quality," CORE Discussion Papers 1996067, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jouvet, P-A. & Michel, P. & Pestieau, P., 1996. "Altruism, Voluntary Contributions and Neutrality. The Case of Environmental Quality," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 96a32, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Bovenberg, A. L. & van der Ploeg, F., 1994.
"Environmental policy, public finance and the labour market in a second-best world,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 349-390, November.
- Bovenberg, A.L. & van der Ploeg, F., 1992. "Environmental policy, public finance and the labour market in a second-best world," Discussion Paper 1992-43, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bovenberg, A.L. & Van Der Ploeg, F., 1992. "Environmental Policy, Public Finance and the Labour Market in a Second- Best World," Papers 9243, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Bovenberg, A Lans & van der Ploeg, Frederick, 1992. "Environmental Policy, Public Finance and the Labour Market in a Second-best World," CEPR Discussion Papers 745, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Junxi Zhang, 1999. "Environmental sustainability, nonlinear dynamics and chaos," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 489-500.
- Raymond Gradus & Sjak Smulders, 1993.
"The trade-off between environmental care and long-term growth—Pollution in three prototype growth models,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 25-51, February.
- Smulders, J.A. & Gradus, R.H.J.M., 1993. "The trade-off between environmental care and long-term growth : Pollution in three proto-type growth models," Other publications TiSEM f3ec6de7-f996-4ac0-b872-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Mireille Chiroleu-Assouline, 2001.
"Le double dividende: Les approches theoriques,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Marini Giancarlo & Scaramozzino Pasquale, 1995. "Overlapping Generations and Environmental Control," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 64-77, July.
- Jouvet, Pierre-Andre & Michel, Philippe & Vidal, Jean-Pierre, 2000.
" Intergenerational Altruism and the Environment,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(1), pages 135-50, March.
- Jouvet, P.-A. & Michel, P. & Vidal, J.-P., 1999. "Intergenerational Altruism and the Environment," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 99a03, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- JOUVET, Pierre-AndrÃ© & MICHEL, Philippe & VIDAL, Jean-Pierre, 1997. "Intergenerational altruism and the environment," CORE Discussion Papers 1997041, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- John, A. & Pecchenino, R. & Schimmelpfennig, D. & Schreft, S., 1995. "Short-lived agents and the long-lived environment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 127-141, September.
- Frederick Ploeg & Cees Withagen, 1991. "Pollution control and the Ramsey problem," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 1(2), pages 215-236, June.
- Philippe Michel & Gilles Rotillon, 1995. "Disutility of pollution and endogenous growth," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 6(3), pages 279-300, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:recosp:reco_603_0843. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.