Free-Riding on Altruistic Punishment? An Experimental Comparison of Third-Party Punishment in a Stand-Alone and in an In-Group Environment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Lewisch Peter & Ottone, Stefania & Ponzano, Ferruccio, 2010. "Free-riding on altruistic punishment? An experimental comparison of third-party-punishment in a stand-alone and in an in-group environment," POLIS Working Papers 139, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker, 1974. "Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach," NBER Chapters, in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carpenter, Jeffrey P., 2007. "The demand for punishment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 62(4), pages 522-542, April.
- Anderson, Christopher M. & Putterman, Louis, 2006.
"Do non-strategic sanctions obey the law of demand? The demand for punishment in the voluntary contribution mechanism,"
Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Louis Putterman & Christopher M. Anderson, 2003. "Do Non-strategic Sanctions Obey the Law of Demand? The Demand for Punishment in the Voluntary Contribution Mechanism," Working Papers 2003-15, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- William M. Landes & Richard A. Posner, 1974. "The Private Enforcement of Law," NBER Working Papers 0062, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
- Stefania Ottone, 2008. "Are people Samaritans or Avengers?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(10), pages 1-3.
- Bose, Pinaki, 1995. "Regulatory errors, optimal fines and the level of compliance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 475-484, March.
- Guth, Werner & Schmittberger, Rolf & Schwarze, Bernd, 1982. "An experimental analysis of ultimatum bargaining," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 367-388, December.
- Ernst Fehr & Urs Fischbacher, "undated". "Third Party Punishment and Social Norms," IEW - Working Papers 106, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Casari, Marco & Luini, Luigi, 2005.
"Group Cooperation Under Alternative Peer Punishment Technologies: An Experiment,"
Purdue University Economics Working Papers
1176, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Marco Casari & Luigi Luini, 2005. "Group Cooperation Under Alternative Peer Punishment Technologies: An Experiment," Labsi Experimental Economics Laboratory University of Siena 002, University of Siena.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:10:p:1-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nikiforakis, Nikos, 2008. "Punishment and counter-punishment in public good games: Can we really govern ourselves," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1-2), pages 91-112, February.
- Simon Gachter & Ernst Fehr, 2000.
"Cooperation and Punishment in Public Goods Experiments,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 980-994, September.
- Ernst Fehr & Simon Gaechter, "undated". "Cooperation and Punishment in Public Goods Experiments," IEW - Working Papers 010, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Ernst Fehr & Simon Gaechter, 1999. "Cooperation and Punishment in Public Goods Experiments," CESifo Working Paper Series 183, CESifo.
- Ottone, Stefania, 2005. "Transfers and Altruistic Punishments in Solomon's Game experiments," POLIS Working Papers 50, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kamei, Kenju, 2020.
"Group size effect and over-punishment in the case of third party enforcement of social norms,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 395-412.
- Kenju Kamei, 2018. "Group Size Effect and Over-Punishment in the Case of Third Party Enforcement of Social Norms," Working Papers 2018_04, Durham University Business School.
- Kamei, Kenju, 2018. "Group Size Effect and Over-Punishment in the Case of Third Party Enforcement of Social Norms," MPRA Paper 85713, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gianna Lotito & Matteo Migheli & Guido Ortona, 2013.
"Is cooperation instinctive? Evidence from the response times in a public goods game,"
Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 123-133, July.
- Lotito, Gianna & Migheli, Matteo & Ortona, Guido, 2011. "Is cooperation instinctive? Evidence from the response times in a Public Goods Game," POLIS Working Papers 161, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Marchese Carla & Ramello Giovanni B., 2011.
"In the Beginning Was the Word. Now is the Copyright,"
Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 271-289, October.
- Marchese, Carla & Ramello, Giovanni B., 2010. "In the beginning was the Word. Now is the Copyright," POLIS Working Papers 140, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Butler, Je rey V. & Conzo, Pierluigi & Leroch, Martin A., 2013.
"Social Identity and Punishment,"
Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers
201329, University of Turin.
- Jeffrey V. Butler & Pierluigi Conzo & Martin A. Leroch, 2015. "Social Identity and Punishment," Working Papers 1512, Gutenberg School of Management and Economics, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz.
- Jeffrey V. Butler & Pierluigi Conzo & Martin A. Leroch, 2013. "Social Identity and Punishment," EIEF Working Papers Series 1316, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised May 2013.
- Stüber, Robert, 2019. "The benefit of the doubt: Willful ignorance and altruistic punishment," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Behavior SP II 2019-215, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Kamei, Kenju, 2017. "Altruistic Norm Enforcement and Decision-Making Format in a Dilemma: Experimental Evidence," MPRA Paper 76641, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zvonimir Bašic & Armin Falk & Fabian Kosse, 2019. "The Development of Egalitarian Norm Enforcement in Childhood and Adolescence," Working Papers 2019-018, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
More about this item
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:rlecon:v:7:y:2011:i:1:n:8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.