A New Look at Weak State Conditions and Genocide Risk
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank W. Wayman & Atsushi Tago, 2010. "Explaining the onset of mass killing, 1949-87," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 47(1), pages 3-13, January.
- Philip Verwimp, 2003. "Testing the Double-Genocide Thesis for Central and Southern Rwanda," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 47(4), pages 423-442, August.
- Verpoorten Marijke, 2012. "The Intensity of the Rwandan Genocide: Measures from the Gacaca Records," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 18(1), pages 1-26, April.
- Jacob D. Kathman & Reed M. Wood, 2011. "Managing Threat, Cost, and Incentive to Kill: The Short- and Long-Term Effects of Intervention in Mass Killings," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 55(5), pages 735-760, October.
- Paul Collier & Anke Hoeffler, 2004. "Greed and grievance in civil war," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(4), pages 563-595, October.
- Kristine Eck & Lisa Hultman, 2007. "One-Sided Violence Against Civilians in War," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 44(2), pages 233-246, March.
- Francesca Grandi, 2013. "Why do the victors kill the vanquished? Explaining political violence in post-World War II Italy," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 50(5), pages 577-593, September.
- Beck, Nathaniel & Katz, Jonathan N., 2001. "Throwing Out the Baby with the Bath Water: A Comment on Green, Kim, and Yoon," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 55(02), pages 487-495, March.
- JoseG. Montalvo & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2008. "Discrete Polarisation with an Application to the Determinants of Genocides," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(533), pages 1835-1865, November.
- Reed M Wood, 2010. "Rebel capability and strategic violence against civilians," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 47(5), pages 601-614, September.
- James Raymond Vreeland, 2008. "The Effect of Political Regime on Civil War," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 52(3), pages 401-425, June.
- David Fielding & Anja Shortland, 2012. "The dynamics of terror during the Peruvian civil war," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 49(6), pages 847-862, November.
- Laia Balcells, 2008. "Rivalry and Revenge: Making Sense of Violence against Civilians in Conventional Civil Wars," HiCN Working Papers 51, Households in Conflict Network.
- Anderton Charles H., 2014. "Killing Civilians as an Inferior Input in a Rational Choice Model of Genocide and Mass Killing," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 20(2), pages 1-20, April.
- Tom Bundervoet, 2009. "Livestock, Land and Political Power: The 1993 Killings in Burundi," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 46(3), pages 357-376, May.
- William Easterly & Roberta Gatti & Sergio Kurlat, 2006. "Development, democracy, and mass killings," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 129-156, June.
- Omar Shahabudin McDoom, 2013. "Who killed in Rwandaâ€™s genocide? Micro-space, social influence and individual participation in intergroup violence," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 50(4), pages 453-467, July.
- Reed M Wood & Jacob D Kathman & Stephen E Gent, 2012. "Armed intervention and civilian victimization in intrastate conflicts," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 49(5), pages 647-660, September.
- Carter, David B. & Signorino, Curtis S., 2010. "Back to the Future: Modeling Time Dependence in Binary Data," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 271-292, June.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:107:y:2013:i:02:p:207-224_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:89:y:1995:i:03:p:681-690_09 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:100:y:2006:i:03:p:429-447_06 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:pepspp:v:21:y:2015:i:1:p:1-36:n:4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.