Development, Democracy, and Mass Killings
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Marta Reynal-Querol, 2002. "Political systems, stability and civil wars," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(6), pages 465-483.
- Collier, Paul & Hoeffler, Anke, 1998. "On Economic Causes of Civil War," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(4), pages 563-573, October.
- Scheper-Hughes, Nancy, 1996. "Small wars and invisible genocides," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 889-900, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anderton Charles H. & Carter John R., 2015. "A New Look at Weak State Conditions and Genocide Risk," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 21(1), pages 1-36, January.
- Charles Anderton & Jurgen Brauer, 2014.
"Economics and Genocide: Choices and Consequences,"
1409, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Brauer, Jurgen & Anderton, Charles H., 2014. "Economics and Genocide: Choices and Consequences," MPRA Paper 55014, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jurgen Brauer & Charles Anderton, 2014. "Economics and Genocide: Choices and Consequences," Working Papers 1408, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Joan Esteban & Massimo Morelli & Dominic Rohner, 2015.
"Strategic Mass Killings,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 123(5), pages 1087-1132.
- Joan Esteban & Massimo Morelli & Dominic Rohner, 2010. "Strategic Mass Killings," HiCN Working Papers 78, Households in Conflict Network.
- Joan Esteban & Massimo Morelli & Dominic Rohner, 2010. "Strategic Mass Killings," Economics Working Papers ECO2010/23, European University Institute.
- Joan Esteban & Massimo Morello & Dominic Rohner, 2010. "Strategic Mass Killings," OxCarre Working Papers 045, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Joan Esteban & Massimo Morelli & Dominic Rohner, 2010. "Strategic Mass Killings," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 826.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Joan-Maria Esteban & Massimo Morelli & Dominic Rohner, 2010. "Strategic Mass Killings," Working Papers 459, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Joan Esteban & Massimo Morelli & Dominic Rohner, 2010. "Strategic mass killings," IEW - Working Papers 486, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Markus Brückner & Antonio Ciccone, 2010.
"International Commodity Prices, Growth and the Outbreak of Civil War in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(544), pages 519-534, May.
- Markus Brückner & Antonio Ciccone, 2007. "International commodity prices, growth and the outbreak of Civil War in Sub-Saharan Africa," Economics Working Papers 1053, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Aug 2009.
- Markus Brückner & Antonio Ciccone, 2009. "International Commodity Prices, Growth, and the Outbreak of Civil War in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 2009-37, FEDEA.
- Temple, Jonathan R.W., 2010. "Aid and Conditionality," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Remi Jedwab & Mark Koyama & Noel Johnson, "undated".
"Negative Shocks and Mass Persecutions: Evidence from the Black Death,"
2017-4, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Jebwab, Remi & Johnson, Noel D & Koyama, Mark, 2017. "Negative Shocks and Mass Persecutions: Evidence from the Black Death," MPRA Paper 77720, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bakshi, Dripto & Dasgupta, Indraneel, 2016. "Identity Conflict with Cross-Border Spillovers," IZA Discussion Papers 9731, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chyanda Querido, 2009. "State-Sponsored Mass Killing in African Wars—Greed or Grievance?," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 15(3), pages 351-361, August.
- repec:oxf:wpaper:wps/2014-08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pavel Yakovlev, 2011. "The Economics of Torture," Chapters,in: The Handbook on the Political Economy of War, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dasgupta, Indraneel & Mukherjee, Diganta, 2014. "Assimilation, Criminality and Ethnic Conflict," IZA Discussion Papers 7924, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Attiat F. Ott & Sang Hoo Bae, 2011. "Modeling Mass Killing: For Gain or Ethnic Cleansing?," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Conflict, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Leander Heldring, 2014. "State Capacity and Violence: Evidence from the Rwandan genocide," CSAE Working Paper Series 2014-08, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic development; mass killings; genocide; democracy;
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-POL-2006-08-12 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2006-08-12 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cgd:wpaper:93. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cgdevus.html .