Random Walk Picture of Basketball Scoring
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Durham, Yvonne & Hirshleifer, Jack & Smith, Vernon L, 1998.
"Do the Rich Get Richer and the Poor Poorer? Experimental Tests of a Model of Power,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(4), pages 970-983, September.
- Yvonne Durham & Jack Hirshleifer & Vernon L. Smith, 1997. "Do the Richer get Richer and the Poor Poorer? Experimental Tests of a Model of Power," UCLA Economics Working Papers 770, UCLA Department of Economics.
- C. Sire & S. Redner, 2009. "Understanding baseball team standings and streaks," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 67(3), pages 473-481, February.
- Thomas Andrew C, 2007. "Inter-arrival Times of Goals in Ice Hockey," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 1-17, July.
- Arkes Jeremy & Martinez Jose, 2011. "Finally, Evidence for a Momentum Effect in the NBA," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 7(3), pages 1-16, July.
- Everson Phil & Goldsmith-Pinkham Paul S, 2008. "Composite Poisson Models for Goal Scoring," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 4(2), pages 1-17, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tal Neiman & Yonatan Loewenstein, 2014. "Spatial Generalization in Operant Learning: Lessons from Professional Basketball," Discussion Paper Series dp665, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Martín-González, Juan Manuel & de Saá Guerra, Yves & García-Manso, Juan Manuel & Arriaza, Enrique & Valverde-Estévez, Teresa, 2016. "The Poisson model limits in NBA basketball: Complexity in team sports," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 464(C), pages 182-190.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:jqsprt:v:8:y:2012:i:1:n:6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.