Surrender Rate Impacts on Asset Liability Management
We try to model surrender rates with a few explanatory variables such as the difference between reference new money rates and product crediting rates with surrender charges, the policy age since the contract was issued, unemployment rates, economy growth rates, and seasonal effects. In modeling surrender rates we use the logit function. We calculate the value of interest indexed annuities and investigate the surrender rate impacts on the value, the duration, and the convexity of interest indexed annuities.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 1 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.degruyter.com|
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/apjri|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Green, Jerry & Shoven, John B, 1986.
"The Effects of Interest Rates on Mortgage Prepayments,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(1), pages 41-59, February.
- Jerry Green & John B. Shoven, 1983. "The Effects of Interest Rates on Mortgage Prepayments," NBER Working Papers 1246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shoven, John & Green, Jerry, 1986. "The Effects of Interest Rates on Mortgage Prepayments," Scholarly Articles 3204664, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Pesando, James E, 1974. "The Interest Sensitivity of the Flow of Funds through Life Insurance Companies: An Econometric Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(4), pages 1105-1121, September.
- Miyazaki, Kenji & Saito, Makoto, 1999. "On the market risk involved in the public financial system in Japan: A theoretical and numerical investigation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1243-1259, August.
- De Toldi, M. & Gourieroux, C. & Monfort, A., 1995. "Prepayment analysis for securitization," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 45-70, March.
- repec:fth:geneec:94.02 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gilbert Ritschard & Jean Kellerhals & Michael Olszak & Massimo Sardi, 1996. "Path analysis with partial association measures," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 37-60, February.
- Ritschard, G. & Kellerhal & s, J. & Olzak, M. & Sardi, M., 1994. "Path Analysis with Partial Association Measures," Research Papers by the Institute of Economics and Econometrics, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva 94.04, Institut d'Economie et Econométrie, Université de Genève.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Schwartz, Eduardo S & Torous, Walter N, 1989. " Prepayment and the Valuation of Mortgage-Backed Securities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 375-392, June.
- Pinder, Jonathan P., 1996. "Decision analysis using multinomial logit models: Mortgage portfolio valuation," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 67-77, February.
- Stanton, Richard, 1995. "Rational Prepayment and the Valuation Mortgage-Backed Securities," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(3), pages 677-708.
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
- Dunn, Kenneth B & McConnell, John J, 1981. "A Comparison of Alternative Models for Pricing GNMA Mortgage-Backed Securities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 471-484, May.
- Wilkie, A. D. & Waters, H. R. & Yang, S., 2003. "Reserving, Pricing and Hedging For Policies with Guaranteed Annuity Options," British Actuarial Journal, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 263-391, June.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1990. "Pricing Interest-Rate-Derivative Securities," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 573-592.
- Wilkie, A.D., 1995. "More on a Stochastic Asset Model for Actuarial Use," British Actuarial Journal, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(05), pages 777-964, December.
- Followill, Richard, 1998. "An analytical comparison of the durations and price sensitivities of fixed-rate, constant payment and constant amortization mortgages," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 51-64.
- Carling, Kenneth & Jacobson, Tor & Roszbach, Kasper, 2001. "Dormancy risk and expected profits of consumer loans," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 717-739, April.
- Breeden, Douglas T. & Gilkeson, James H., 1997. "A path-dependent approach to security valuation with application to interest rate contingent claims," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 541-562, April.
- Schwartz, Eduardo S & Torous, Walter N, 1992. "Prepayment, Default, and the Valuation of Mortgage Pass-through Securities," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(2), pages 221-239, April.
- Kau, James B, et al, 1992. "A Generalized Valuation Model for Fixed-Rate Residential Mortgages," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 24(3), pages 279-299, August.
- Ho, Thomas S Y & Lee, Sang-bin, 1986. " Term Structure Movements and Pricing Interest Rate Contingent Claims," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(5), pages 1011-1029, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:apjrin:v:1:y:2005:i:1:n:5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.